All reviews pool side minute walk ceiling fan unit accommodation island flight pros cons
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Our room was awful, dirty sheets were on the bed and a smelly blanket was provided probably never washed. The room had a number of lizards running around the place when we arrived. We didn't even attempt to use the kitchen as we saw numerous centipedes crawling in the kitchen.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma D
Tiarevillage, Manager at Airport Motel - Tiare Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Kia Orana Emma, Thank you for your comments. Pity.. you could have personally come to me of your concern and I would have sort immediately.. Guests comfort is important.. obviously you prefer the open forum. Your comment is not so, at all. Centipedes? Emma, google "centipedes" and you will know what you are saying again is false.. Kitchen being a mess.. well unfortunately not all guests clean up after themselves even with the notices right above the kitchen sink. Oh not to to mention the state you left the room in.. but this is about your review.. Enjoy the rest of your trip.. Adrienne

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Great host and accomodation. Pool was always well maintained and our room was nice and big. Nice and close to the main centre and Airport.
Not the big resort kind of guy so this small simple get away was perfect!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Don't know how those good reviews occurred, the suites by the pool may be nice, the garden with fruits and the gardener were nice, but the privates in the front house, seriously are not "rooms" at all. Divided by the walls of some kind of thin boards that doesn't go all the way to the top, you will have half fans and half windows with other rooms, cause it used to be one big room, and you can hear sounds from other rooms and bathroom quite clearly. And another tiny "room" next to the receiption just like sleeping at the counter, you can even hear the owner typing. The owner is very strict, doesn't allow people to store luggage after check out. Almost 1 hour before my check out, I was approached by the owner knocking at the door of the public bathroom in the middle of taking a shower, to make sure I will pack my backpack on time, not leave the bag to walk around, and even offered to send me a taxi, that was very rude. No atomonspher, only saw 3 people when staying. And you can hear 1 or 2 very loud sound of the plane flying by in the middle of night. The motel is in the middle of nowhere, over 1.5 km to the bus station or shopping complex or beach, not on the outer circle that a bus would pass. You can find much nicer privates of similar price, more conveniently located and closer to the beach, like Aremango, or on the beach like Rarotanga Backpacks, privates and dorms. Most flights arrive/depart in the middle of night but you don't have to stay close to the airport like this one, as the farest place will be 20 something minutes, and they all offer pick-ups of similar price or even free.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
3  Thank weicreation
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I spent five nights at the Tiare Village Motel. I had a big room just for me. Everything were clean and quiet. Adrienne is very friendly and helpful. The Motel is very close to the airport and town. I will definitely come back.

1  Thank Charleen M
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Small room, very noisy fan, and so interrupting security alarm...I counl'd sleep whole night cause of that. And esp. very rude owner. She lie always. There's shared room also, but she said there's not shared room. No such a room, not no availability. Just she want to get money more, that's all.. And she never clean up the toilet. And she would smile at once before you pay, after paying, nothing. And no free luggage storage. Even I stayed for 1 week, she ask 2 more stay for luggage storage. No information about that even on website. Haha. Money makes people like that.

Room Tip: Terrible place
4  Thank Roving807150
Tiarevillage, Manager at Airport Motel - Tiare Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Morning Hakjin.. When you first came to Tiare you did not have a booking and began to barter the room rate not once but three times and as I suggested it be better that you seek alternative accom.. I showed you the room prior to you deciding to stay and as this was all I had available you chose to stay for 7 days. (oh dear you neglected to mention I did give you a discount for the 7 day stay). Later you advised that you will be flying to the outer islands and you asked if you could store your luggage here till your return – I advised you as it is also advertised in our website – it is only for guests returning to stay at the village that I provide free storage otherwise you will have to take your luggage with you.. You suggested upsettingly that you will stay another night on your return and as I advised I do not have availability. You suggested that you wanted to then stay in a shared room – I do not provide dorms as I told you from the outset. Tiare Village provides exactly what we advertise. Enjoy Aitutaki it is a beautiful island..