US$123
US$116
US$140
US$86
Hotwire.com
Mahana Lodge Hostel & Bacpacker(Papeete)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$238
Agoda.com
US$374
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
1,122 results
All reviewsbathroom floorjunior suitesno wifi in the roomsrooftop poolfull kitchenreception areacomfortable hoteldowntown papeetestayed here for one nightconvenient locationfew blocksother islandscruise terminallate at nightmarkettahitiluggage
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We arrived in Tahiti at midnight so we didm;t want to spend a fortunate on what was just a bed for the night. After carefully reading lots of reviews we booked here - and given that some of the reviews are pretty average - this was tentatively! I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a really good size and bathroom was very nice. I already knew that the hallways are dark at night and that there can be a battle with your key card in the lifts. I also knew to book a mountain view room for quietness. That was OK. The room and sleep made up for it. We made the mistake of eating breakfast at the hotel - very hospitable but expensive and average. Next time we will go local. And there will be a next time as I have fallen in love with French Polynesia. However...only one night at Tahiti Nui.

Room Tip: Always get a mountain view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank travellingbuzz
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Booked for 1 night at culmination of a cruise. Went to hotel reception before we left on the cruise and were told we had to book online! Room itself was nice, with good amenities, but cleaning wasn't great, floor tiles in the bathroom needed a good scrub and there was a water stain on the ceiling. Biggest problem seems to be a lack of maintenance, small things which could easily be fixed are just left. Our balcony overlooking the pool needed repairs and paint, and the pool was missing tiles. During the day the pool was taken over by 17 women on exercycles with a trainer and a boombox to the detriment of hotel guests. Impossible to use the pool while this is happening, and no indication about when the classes are booked etc. We had booked an early checkin due to disembarkation time, but the room wasn't ready. We were offered a cup of coffee while we waited, and were then charged for breakfast! Location in Papeete itself is convenient, but I wouldn't want to stay for any length of time, and the staff seem totally disinterested. Also the lobby is very dark - lots of dark wood, and they had no lights on at all - looks like a dark cave.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool rather than overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Do not spend more than 1 night in this place, if you have a room at the front it is very very noisy. The pool is rented out for fitness training so there are times that you can't use it and it is very exspensive. If you need 1 night over stay it's ok but any more time don't do it. I am not happy as I spent 9 days here and it spoilt my holiday. Give this place a miss big time.
Steve from England.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Having booked this hotel a year ago we wanted to relax after travelling around several countries. The room itself was nice and it was comfortable. The area it is in is right on a main road and being at the front this affects not only your sleep but not really being able to sit on your balcony so we thought at least it has a pool. The pool itself is not really the best looking a bit unkept and not really that clean. This I'm afraid is not the worst it is in fact that the hotel holds a lot of gym classes to clients outside of the hotel so that means no use of the pool or relaxing and I thought that was what I was going to do. I did complain and I shall see if I get any response to that as I thought I should have been informed when I booked that I would only be able to use pool when it's not in use for a class. I also felt the hotel should at least put up a timetable so you would know when it was not available to use! Very unhappy and would not recommend this hotel for relaxing just a stop over hotel is all I would say. Such a shame given the fact that we all look forward to our hard earned money being well spent to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Nice clean hotel. We arrived about midnight and were greeted with smiles at the front desk, quickly checked in and headed to our room. The elevator is operated with your room card and it's a bit tricky to get working. There are no stairs which is a little concerning if there is ever a fire. Our room was on the front side of the hotel and a bit noisy from the traffic, friends traveling with us enjoyed a quieter night on the back side of the hotel. The port for cruise ships and shopping are all within easy walking distance. We checked out at 11am because we had reservations at another hotel on the beach. The hotel has a secure baggage storage if you choose to spend some time shopping in town after check out.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the busy street in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business