“Outstanding classic French cuisine.”
Review of Le Grillardin

Le Grillardin
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Papeete
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Our final lunch in French Polynesia was at Le Grillardine and what a good choice that was. I started with the Foi Gras, Ceps, and Smoked Duck Breast in Puff Pastry - a sublime dish with everything cooked and presented to perfection - and not a small portion. It would have served 2 as a starter or 1 as a main course, but it was so delicious I finished it all. Next was Prawns & Scallops with a Leek Puree with an outstanding sauce and perfectly cooked fish. Sides of Rice, Grilled Tomato, and a tiny bundle of Green Beans. The rice was lightly flavoured/spiced and impeccable cooked. Shared the Red Fruit Mille Feuille for desert which was fabulous. We got 2 different lots of house made bread during our meal - excellent. We had glasses of the house Sauvignon Blanc which was very good, but not available by the bottle? A stunning classic French meal with lovely service. The portions are not small which surprised us, and everything we had could have been shared. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We arrived with a larger group and they treated us like kings.....we shared each others meals and nothing was anything other than great

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We just happened to find this on Trip Advisor and wow are we glad we did. It was perhaps one of the best meals I’ve had in 5 years - it was just incredible. The food, the service, the wine - all just amazing. If you are in the area you have to go. The lamb, the scallops, the foie gras - all just delicious!!! If you are in Tahiti - You have to go!!! Don’t miss this amazing gem!!!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

i cannot fault the service or the food . This was the best meal i have ever eaten .
every aspect of the food . the wine the pairing. i cannot describe how amazing the food was .

thank you to zll the staff who made this the most unforgettable lunch ever .

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Nice little French Bistro in Papeete. I loved the Duck Breast with Fois Gras. I also had the baked mussels.. My wife enjoyed the mahi in puff pastry. The service was friendly and efficient and not overpowering. The atmosphere was very laid back similar to a Paris bistro. The attire was very eclectic with one elderly gentleman in a t-shirt (weird), while other folks were dressed up. I would have liked it better but there was entirely too much garlic for my taste in some of the dishes, overpowering. I could not eat the potatoes au gratin. The baked mussels were at the limit of my garlic. I like garlic, but this was way too much. The other issue we had is that the manager(?) was sitting next to us on her laptop typing all throughout what I had hoped would be a quiet romantic dinner in this quiaint restaurant. The prices were reasonable and the plates decorated nicely. I would have given it a 5 if it were not for the heavy hand on the garlic and the heavy hand clicking on the keyboard.