“Worst service ever”

Corso
Ranked #59 of 1,243 Restaurants in Sofia
Price range: US$12 - US$71
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Corso is a new concept on the Bulgarian market. It is situated in the very heart of the capital - Sofia. Located on three floors, it gives to our clients the whole service from breakfast to dinner and lunch in the Restaurant (the third floor) to grocery and wine corner on the Street itself (the first floor) and last but not least an evening Bar with dj sets and live music (the second floor). You can spend anytime of day and enjoy good food, fine wine and homemade desserts, bread, sandwiches and many more. This is the place to be in Sofia! Welcome to join us!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The waiter came to provide us with the menus close to half hour after we arrived an effortless tries to catch their attention. after we finally managed to place our order, the waitress came to tell us that half of what we ordered is actually unavailable.
Since we didn't even get any drinks that we ordered - it was requested that we shall simply cancel our order and go somewhere else where we shall feel more wanted.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I would never be the type of person to go out of my way to write a bad review about a place or to make complaints in general but after my experience with an incredibly rude member of staff I feel the need to.

I am a female in my mid twenties traveling with another female friend and we were enjoying our first day in the beautiful city of Sofia and were given a recommendation from a tour guide to eat here.

I have to say the food was delicious with a good variety to choose from and I would have highly recommended the place rather than complain about it. My issue was with one particular male waiter and I cannot judge any other member of staff as I was not served by them but my particular experience with this waiter has left the both of us both insulted and disappointed.

We had finished a lovely main and had eyed up a tasty looking dessert platter that was brought around to tables so you could view the desserts on offer to choose from. We decided we would get dessert and were waiting for our table to be cleared so we could order. Unfortunately the waiter seemed to have “forgotten” about us. Although the restaurant was relatively busy there were 3 staff who each seemed to have their own area and from my experience as a waitress seemed very manageable.

We were waiting 20mins if not more when we started to realize that the waiter was not coming to us and started to observe him serving everyone but us. We noticed a couple who had come in after us having their plates cleared, served dessert and paying while he didn’t even come near us but continued to cater for others. We finally got his attention and my friend politely asked for the dessert menu to which he said yes while blatantly rolling his eyes at us. He came with the platter to choose from and once we ordered, our table full of plates was still not cleared but he turned to the table beside us and cleared their plates.

About 5 mins later he came to us and asked if we were finished our food which we clearly were as the plates were almost empty and had been for a half hour and we had just ordered dessert.

We were very annoyed with our service at this point and when our dessert arrived our table was still not fully cleared but he still left the old plates there. The two of us had worked as waitresses for years and knew that you would never do this. Overall his demeanor was rude and unfriendly and we couldn’t help but notice that we were the only table that was female as the rest were couples and families and we seemed to be the only ones receiving this poor service. We are wondering if we were treated badly because we were young and female and I am never someone who uses the “because I was a woman” card.

We were fed up and insulted at this point and I asked if I could speak with a manager. He could continued to clear tables and serve customers for another 10 minutes before finally getting the manger. While explaining our disappointment to the manager the waiter walked up to the table and got involved in the complaint which is very unprofessional. He began speaking to the manager while talking over me in his own language and was speaking quite aggressively. When the manager said he would give us a discount and went off to get us the bill the waiter turned back to us and said “bulls**t” in his aggressive tone. We were absolutely shocked with his behavior!!

I would however like to thank the manager for speaking with us again before we left and gave us a chance to speak properly. We said we loved the food and were just upset with how we were treated and that we were cursed at. The manager was clearly disappointed at his behavior and I hope this person was reprimanded as it was just not acceptable.

I would still recommend people eating here I just hope that if you do that you don’t get the waiter we had!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We enjoyed our coffee and lemonade with menta in this nice place looking at the Russian Church located just across the street.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I loved the banitza they ad yesterday. It is a Bulgarian multilayer feta cheese specialty which every foreigner should try. It is a Balkan think- everyone has it here, Greeks, Turkish, Serbians, but ours tastes different, because of the Feta and the yogurt and this place is very good example of it. The tea & coffee selection is fine as well. My friend had Mekitzi which is fritter, very tasty and fresh made.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stopped off in Sofia to have a look around before our flight home. As it was lunch time we decided to have a look at a couple of restaurants on our walk into the city centre, when we came across Corso. This place has a coffee and cake shop on the ground floor, a bar/club on the 1st floor and a restaurant on the 2nd floor. The decor and feel of the place is fantastic.

We went to the restaurant for lunch, not really knowing what to expect. Well we were pleased we did. The service was 1st class as was the food and wine, really good sized portions, good flavour and presentation and all reasonably priced.

We were so impressed that on our way back to our bus, we decided to stop at Corso and for coffee and cake. It was one of the best cakes I have ever tasted.

I cannot recommend this place enough, whilst it's slightly out of the main city area, what it misses in location, it makes up for in every other way. We will certainly visit here again when next in Sofia.