3,127 results
All reviews orient express beautiful hotel zinfandel restaurant le bistro l'occitane toiletries old world luxury hotel train station underground mall old school art deco botanical gardens our room was spacious old style breakfast buffet upper town the main square
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Imagine the days of old when the Orient Express was the ONLY way to travel, but fast forward to 2018. The Esplanade is a wonderful destination to get acquainted with Zagreb. It's an easy walk to the old town, and is a central location to many places of interest. All the staff are very welcoming and helpful, and took my poor attempts at the Creation language in good humor. The restaurants have great choices for both local and haute cuisine. I highly recommend this hotel on your visit to Zagreb.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank GlobalRecre8ion
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel bang opposite station
Very comfortable bed and clean atmosphere
Breakfast was good nothing exceptional
Staff was helpful and courteous
Lovely location
Nice place to de stress after a long day

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nilofurk
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here for a wedding, the whole place is gorgeous inside and out. The food was pretty good, the workers and the service was very good; the employees were always asking if we needed anything while we were waiting for the rest of the wedding to show up (we were there early) they brought us chips, nuts, drinks whatever we wanted the minute we sat down, everyone was very polite and nice.. we would’ve stayed in the actual hotel for the night but they were completely sold out of rooms for the night.. if I visited Croatia again, I would definitely try to get a room here again! Beautiful place and I can imagine a beautiful stay as well!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vminotti
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Esplanade ZagrebHotel for 2 nights while visiting Zagreb Croatia. This is a historic luxury hotel built in 1925 for passengers of orient express train. It located near a shopping center, a botanical garden, and 3 minute walking to the tram station. It offers a wide range of room facilities particularly a club room on the same floor with complimentary sparkling water and oranges. I enjoyed its breakfast, pancakes and waffles were very good. Services was also excellent.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank tzungning
Reviewed 5 November 2018

The Esplanade is one of the hotels that locals seem to hold in awe - it's apparently where they go for wedding receptions and other special occasions. Its decor is very old-fashioned, but well-maintained - lots of earth tones and velvet and brass. I splurged on a suite that was kind of absurdly expensive but comfortable, with a living room, a bedroom, and a midsize bathroom. The bed was super comfy, the blackout curtains impeccably effective, and the room very soundproofed (no street noise or noise from other rooms). I slept extremely well, except for one night when the TV in the bedroom spontaneously turned on at about 4 am - not sure whether because of an electrical surge or a ghost! The staff were all super friendly and helpful. There are two reasons I can't give this hotel 5 stars, however. First, the price - even if I hadn't upgraded, the rates are pretty pricey for a small city - more on par with hotel rates in places like Paris. And the other issue had to do with their restaurants. There were two restaurants and a bar in the hotel, and one night I tried to get something to eat I was turned away from both the posh restaurant (fully booked) and the more casual restaurant (there were a lot of empty tables but the maitre d' said the kitchen was too busy). My only option was the bar, which did not serve hot/substantial meals. In my experience, hotel restaurants always try to make accommodations for guests, but the Esplanade didn't share that philosophy - I ended up having to go towards the centre of town to find food. In any event, my stay was pleasant, and I would still probably recommend the hotel to anyone who didn't mind overpaying a bit.

Date of stay: September 2018