US$90
US$137
US$86
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$136
US$72
Hotel Slisko(Zagreb)
US$59
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$94
US$77
All reviewsbit outdatedtwo blocksstar hoteleasy accessclean hotelpublic transportrooms are niceshort staythe main squaretrambathtubfurniturecons
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

If you compare prices and offer in hotel Laguna - it is terrible!!! Old hotel, old rooms - it is not even close as you see on pictures. I made a mistake, take a look on pictures and decide to come here, but it was big mistake. Must say that breakfast was OK. I wish them to find investitor aFor renovation from the foundation s fast as they can.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Zaro J
LagunaZagreb_Croatia, Director of Sales at Hotel Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Guest , we’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I have arrived late in the night so the hotel Laguna looked empty and dark. But getting into the room changed my opinion immediately. Room was nice, good furniture, with air conditioner working perfectly. The only minus is problem with WiFi which signal was poor at some moments, coming and going all the time.
But in the lobby it was working perfectly.
In the morning I went to the hotel's restaurant and had amazingly good breakfast! Hotel is ranked as 3 stars, but I would rank breakfast as 5 stars. Definitively nice surprise, such a great food and unexpected variety of it.
Plus, the lobby that in the night of my arrival seemed dark, in the morning had completely different looks, much more positive.The stuff is very helpful and polite too.
To sum it up, my only complain is WiFi. Everything else was good. Would definitively stay here again :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
LagunaZagreb_Croatia, Director of Sales at Hotel Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Shakti, thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at the Laguna hotel. I am glad to read that you have overall had a positive experience and
will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff here.I have discussed your comments with the relevant department heads to improve this for the future. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

What to say, it's good, not bad not great in the middle..
There is free WiFi that works great, there is free parking, it's in a good location close to the public transport.. The breakfast is also ok..
The rooms could be a little bit better equipped, everything is outdated, but for taking a shower and sleeping they're​ just fine because they are very clean.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
LagunaZagreb_Croatia, Director of Sales at Hotel Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Guest, I am glad to read that you have overall had a positive experience and thank you for sharing your comments. I have discussed your comments with the relevant department heads to improve this for the future. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The location is located at pleasant place, but not really near to city centre. room is good with sofas, tv and mini bar but not really spacious for me. In my room before got a modem wifi with good connection and that satisfy me since Im not having data on my mobile phone. for Muslim, this hotel granted with Halal certificates for their kitchen from Grand Mufti. But dear management, please take my advise, that you need to separate pork from your buffet side with halal food.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Izani A
LagunaZagreb_Croatia, Director of Sales at Hotel Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Izani, I am glad to read that you have overall had a positive experience and thank you for sharing your comments. I have discussed your comments with the relevant department heads to improve this for the future. We take particular pride in ensuring that even the smallest details are taken care of. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Hotel Laguna: Caring Staff, Good Location and Pleasant Surprises!

Didn't know much about Hotel Laguna going in, so we didn't expect more than the basics in accommodation and service. Yet, after spending a few nights here, how pleasantly surprised we were!

Sure, it's a budget hotel much like your basic Holiday Inn type place except for being in an older building with 1970s décor (anything terribly wrong with that?) and however drab that is to some people, what registered most with us was the staff's excellent service ethic, their caring nature, the excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast, and despite the 20-30 minute walk to the City Centre (Ban Josip Jelacic Square and Tkalciceva Street) and the old Upper Town, we were even pleased with the hotel's ‘just beyond the city centre limits' location.

Pleased with the location because all we had to do was step out the front or side entrance to find good food at a wonderful Grill Bar Restaurant, "Grill Zar" and equally good, well priced pizza at a laid back pizzeria with an outdoor patio just the same. Likewise, for great early morning cappuccino or late night beer and live soccer matches, there's the Bumerang Café just two blocks down the road.

With everything good, so close by, and friendly staff everywhere, there wasn't any need to go downtown for food but when we did want to visit St. Mark's Church in Zagreb's 1,000 year-old Old Town at "Gornyi Square," the Tram #12 streetcar stop was only a five minute walk away.

Room rates here clearly offer good value, far less expensive than prime location venues albeit you'll have to accept the hotel's dated 1970s décor, but if what you want is a clean, comfortable room, one decently equipped and friendly, obliging professional front desk staff plus a good, hearty breakfast to send you on your way, then this hotel is a good choice when stopping over and sightseeing in Zagreb.

And WOW, besides the hot and cold breakfast featuring scrambled eggs, ham, tasty low fat sausage, cereal, fresh bread, fresh fruit, yogurt, sliced tomatoes and so on, they also served up a huge bounty of the most delicious FRIED MUSHROOMS I ever had!

About the service, we can't say enough about the staff. Older, very thoughtful, courteous front desk staff made us feel welcome and in good hands. For example, when we needed one, there was always a taxi waiting for us at the designated time; when I wasn't sure about leaving my stereo and film equipment in my room while I was gone, they safely stowed everything away for me in the  administration office, and when I had a potential problem with a local travel agent and some concern about possible language difficulties, they cheerfully volunteered to make a phone call and handle it on our behalf!

Not that's service. How civilised, and as I would find out over the course of our 3 week stay in Croatia, quite typical of Croatian norms and hospitality.

In short, then, although you shouldn't expect much upon walking in the door of this otherwise ordinary old hotel just beyond the city limits near the town's soccer stadium, you can count on getting a clean hotel with clean rooms, comfortable beds, a cold fridge, decent but not great air con, most likely a new flat screen TV, a full range of towels and toiletries, reliable wake up calls, an excellent convenience store (with lots of neat things and good prices), lobby bar prices without the usual jacked-up hotel premiums, and a decent location with an excellent pizzeria, grill bar restaurant and public transit nearby.

Known as a "lounge culture city," a "cyclist's city" and "The City with a Million Hearts," our short stay here easily opened our hearts to the charm that is Zagreb. And to think, we only touched the surface of everything it has to offer!

Happy travels, Steve Anthony_Toronto

PS: Be sure to check out my review of the Solaris Hotel Jure Resort on Croatia's Dalmatian coast!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve-Anthony, I regret for the delayed response . Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at the Laguna hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. I am glad to read that you have overall had a positive experience and will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff here - we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon!