“Worst nightmare!”
Review of Hotel Laguna

Hotel Laguna
Ranked #51 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed 22 July 2017

After our trip to Porec, we booked this hotel to stay 1 night with 4 persons (me, my wife and two girls 6 and 10y).
Arrived in the evening, it seemed they did not have a room for 4 persons available, and I was told to look elsewhere without free cancellation or help.
The kids were exhausted and were afraid of the woman behind the reception desk...
No need to say more.
My personal worst hotel experience ever!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Laguna

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Spent a week here. I arrived late at night and couldn't see the sign outside of the hotel as it was not lit up and the entrance was not very clear. There were also roadworks going on outside at the time which didn't help, but these are finished now. The only illuminated sign on the road was for a club downstairs in the hotel. On checking in the night porter didn't appear to speak much English but I was able to check in okay and went to my room. The room was pretty bare, worn and old looking, but the bed was comfortable and everything was clean, the air conditioning was also pretty good. I get the impression that some of the rooms are being done up as the pictures I found online had better rooms than mine. Breakfast is very good, big selection available. All staff that I met were friendly and helpful. It is also a little out of the center of town but easy to get a taxi. For the price it is good but it is basic.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were given a room at this old and outdated hotel by our tour company even though we were booked else where. The hotel was not close to the centre of Zagreb and they did not honour our voucher which included breakfast on our early morning arrival. The room we were given was well and truly outdated, small, dark and smelt. The shower was very difficult to access. The staff did move us to another room which was lighter and did not smell but still had the same layout. Dinner and breakfast in the hotel was very average. However staff were friendly and helpful but it is not a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are lighter but still small
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

If you compare prices and offer in hotel Laguna - it is terrible!!! Old hotel, old rooms - it is not even close as you see on pictures. I made a mistake, take a look on pictures and decide to come here, but it was big mistake. Must say that breakfast was OK. I wish them to find investitor aFor renovation from the foundation s fast as they can.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Zaro J
LagunaZagreb_Croatia, Director of Sales at Hotel Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Guest , we’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.
Mr. Zeljko Mandaric, head of sales and marketing

Reviewed 31 May 2017

I have arrived late in the night so the hotel Laguna looked empty and dark. But getting into the room changed my opinion immediately. Room was nice, good furniture, with air conditioner working perfectly. The only minus is problem with WiFi which signal was poor at some moments, coming and going all the time.
But in the lobby it was working perfectly.
In the morning I went to the hotel's restaurant and had amazingly good breakfast! Hotel is ranked as 3 stars, but I would rank breakfast as 5 stars. Definitively nice surprise, such a great food and unexpected variety of it.
Plus, the lobby that in the night of my arrival seemed dark, in the morning had completely different looks, much more positive.The stuff is very helpful and polite too.
To sum it up, my only complain is WiFi. Everything else was good. Would definitively stay here again :)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
LagunaZagreb_Croatia, Director of Sales at Hotel Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Shakti, thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at the Laguna hotel. I am glad to read that you have overall had a positive experience and
will pass along your wonderful comments to our staff here.I have discussed your comments with the relevant department heads to improve this for the future. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again.
Mr. Zeljko Mandaric, head of sales and marketing