“Good see fruit soup. Just it.”

Greek House Taverna - Centrul Istoric
Ranked #1,666 of 2,113 Restaurants in Bucharest
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I went alone and a young boy comes to me quickly. He was very kind. I asked for a sea food soup, pita bread and moussaka (I guess, is it). The food was ok, but in a poor presentation. Expansive for sure.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

had a really tasty fish meal in this restaurant. service was fine, ambiance good - plenty of choice and different to most of the standard menus in nearby establishments. Would happily go again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Starter came in half an hour, main course after 2 and a half hours, but not what we ordered, way overcooked too. Terrible service, wouldn’t ever step in there.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I went to this place on the 1st of January 2018 as a solo diner.

I entered because the colorful signs and music are appealing and given the date of the year not very many places were available. The place was mostly full, but there were a couple of tables still available.

You enter and NO ONE pays attention to you. That is when you notice that there is a man - who appears to be the owner of the place - sitting at a slightly elevated section of the restaurant at the end overlooking the whole situation. He gave me a head nod and indicated I should sit down at one of the remaining tables.

The tables had no napkins, no silverware, nothing. I waved at a waiter and he shouted at me "I am busy". I should have left then, but thought that perhaps I would also be upset if I had to work on New Years Day, so let it pass.

Menu took a long time to come, made an order of a gyro and a salad and some wine. Simple stuff. Not here. Wine arrived promptly, but I had to sit there for 45 minutes waiting for a salad. I complained and finally it arrived, It was disgusting. Clearly made when I complained and looked as if it had been made with the remnants of a previous days salad bar.

Meanwhile I had the opportunity to observe the comings and goings of the restaurant. There is no order. Waiters do not know what they are bringing or what is needed anywhere. Most tables were complaining, Some tables left. A table complained that they had been overcharged (apparently they were served half the amount of calamari that they were being charged for). The waiters were angry and inept. The overchanged table went to complain to the manager - the gangster at the elevated section of the restaurant (who stares into the customers are they are eating) - and a shouting match ensued among the waiter, the man at the top and the customer. Something about the customer being a jew was said. Finally, the complaining customer got grabbed by the shirt and everything.

Meanwhile the remaining customers meekly ate the disgusting food in front of them while the happy Greek music continued to play. My gyro finally arrived - 1 hour after I ordered it -. Was not even the real thing. not a wrap, just some sort of meat and potato fries. I have no trust that meat was even pork. I ate what I could (it was already 11pm and I was starving) and asked for the bill. Unbelievably they even added an automatic 10% tip (on top of some charge for bread I did not order).

I did not want to be shouted at or be grabbed by the neck there and just wanted to finish this horrendous experience. So paid in cash and just left.

I have traveled to many countries - over 50 last time I counted - and eat out at least 10 times a week. This is by far the worse service, food, restaurant I have ever seen.

Do yourself a favor and avoid.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I have reached the age of 47 years old and I’ve eaten a few ropey meals in my time, but I have never returned a meal to the kitchen because it’s inedible, that’s until today!
Starter, seafood soup with processed seafood sticks! The actual liquid part tasted ok, but as you can imagine the seafood sticks were disgusting.
Main course arrived at the same time as the starter, a seafood platter of frozen seafood pieces. Everything was dipped in breadcrumbs and over cooked. It was genuinely awful and I had to return the meal and didn’t want anything to replace it.
The waiter made us feel like we weren’t welcome from the start, the service and food was so terrible it prompted me to write my first ever review to save anyone else the misfortune of stumbling upon this place.