“Close to the metro, easy to access”
Review of Adria Hotel

Adria Hotel
Ranked #63 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel is close to the metro, literary 1 minute to walk. Basic hotel, but it has what most of the people needs. Affordable price. The elevator is crazy, not every elevator stops at every floor, so sometimes you have to mix-and-match how to get to your room. :) It's the same building with Tourist Hotel. I assume that the rooms are about the same as well.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Great Location , Good Service ,Clean and comfortable room ..close to metro station ,close to Kiev main attractions , very close to huge concert and major event hall In Kiev ,where most of the Major event situated .
Kind staff members let me stay 4 more hours for free ,because of my late flight .
I was happy during my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Adria hotel is a three star hotel at the easter bank of the Dnipro river that in western standards could be comparable to a Holiday Inn or a Travel lodge Hotel, that is that it does exactly what it says on the tin. You get you room (which is clean), nothing more, nothing less which is absolutely fine with me.

However their customer’s service reminded me to the long gone times of the Soviet Union. The unhelpful staff at reception on the checking in really made most of this opinion, when my wife and I presented there with the voucher from the travel agency stating very clear my reservation.

The receptionist said that she had no record of our it and despite showing her this and the confirmation email, she did not make any attempts to sort out the situation which would have been the case in any hotel with minimal customer care standards.

Other than that she said that the booking would not have been possible as they were fully booked for part of the week we are staying or she kept asking irrelevant questions such as how much did we paid for the reservation or whether I was sure I was checking at the right hotel (duh!).

So basically, not in my books, no room. Nope, niet. That is it. Deal with eat tovarich customer.

Clearly we were not going to get any valued assistance from the sphinx sat behind the desk so I decided to ring the travel agency - noticed made that there were no attempt to lend me the hotel phone, I had to ring from my mobile.
The travel agency told me the booking was correct and that they would sort out the problem.
Within minutes and as if powered from a remote entity somewhere on cyberspace the sphinx miraculously started to process the booking.

The only explanation we got from her was that the "agency cancelled the booking and rebook again" (how can a reservation that did not exist twenty minutes ago can be cancelled?). She also said that the manager would speak with us later that week to give more details (nobody in charge on Sunday...really?). Needless to say that nobody approached us to give us an explanation during our whole stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Very good location, close to metro station. Room was clean, we could check in at 10 am what was very important for us because we travel with young child. The thing which I didn't like was when I spoke with receptionist and trying to speak ukrainian, he was answering russian. For me teaching ukrainian wasn't easy and it is strange that somebody answer in different language. Moreover we were on Ukraine.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in a tourist complex which also houses other hotels, a bar, restaurant and loads of other shops. There is a security staff in front of the lifts but I have not seen them performing any checks, so anyone can use the hotel lift. The reception initially told me that they could find any booking, after telling them that I booked them 3 months ago, they found it. The corridor where my room I was allocated was totally dark even during the day. There was no light outside my corridor , was difficult to open the door. The hotel is located next to a busy junction where there is a lot of construction going on. The fittings and furniture were old and the room was clean. The area surrounding the hotel did not feel clean. There is a mac Donald and dominos next to the hotel. Some of the lights in the room did work.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo