“Meh!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: «La Cantina Tex-Mex-Italiano» in Malaya Zhytomyrska 6 offers a mix of popular dishes of Tex Mex and Italian cuisine. This is a very colorful cafe - as in Mexico, there are experts in the spices, as in Italy, the portions are generous, hospitable and welcoming. The bar «La Cantina» Tex-Mex-Italiano widest range of tequilas in Kiev! In the restaurant three comfortable rooms, and it is open day and night.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My friend took me here to eat dinner with his friend. I was not impressed at all. The food servings were very small and not very tasty. In a city with a bunch of great restaurants this one doesn't make the cut. Took a long time to deliver the drinks even thought there was only 1 or 2 other tables full in the entire restaurant. I would not recommend eating here. There are plenty of cheaper and better places around in the area. I think if they focused on 1 genera of food it would be a better restaurant!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was staying round the corner from this place and it was the first bar I visited. I went on several occasions, mainly for a drink but ordered food on the last night.

The food was good, I had nachos with guacamole and salsa, Ukrainian cabbage dumplings and a veggie burrito. All tasted great and the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Prices were reasonable for both the beer and food.

Drinks-wise, I sampled a couple of margaritas, lots of Coronas and a fair few tequilas with sangrita. All very reasonably priced and well poured. It's open 24 hours too for food and drink which was handy as quite a lot of places seemed to close early.

I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Kiev!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Food is quite good and won't cost you an arm and a leg. Good selection with everything covered. Steak was very good. They just haven't quite grasped the concept of apertizer and main course. We ordered both and no sooner had we taken the first bite of the oversize apertizer, the mains arrived. Then we had to make the descision of which one to eat and which to let go cold. So maybe order one, finish it and then order the next?? Or maybe don't mix your italian and mexican? Waitress of course didn't write anything down and forgot the sides for the mains. As I said, cheap and cheerful! Plenty of other great options within a couple of streets.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This place has a wide choise of "mexican" food. Nothing spcial, same tortillas and quesaillas. Slow service. If you are visitng for lunch,choose businesslunch list, otherwise you will wait...

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our party included 4 and we had Mexican, Ukrainian, European and US. The steak was well prepared as was my wife's Ukrainian dish. If you are from LA like I am, the Mexican was somewhat a riff on Mexican. I had a burrito, though it was unlike any burrito I have ever had before, it was tasty. As I discovered on another safari, if you expect genuine regional food (Thai in Utah) you are in for a disappointment. The adventure is in the interpretation of regional dishes and whether they are tasty. As to the service, my 3 guests spoke Russian as do I, but mine is with a heavy accent. The waitress picked up on that and spoke very good English to me though not when I was speaking Russian. In short, the staff is well trained and your service will be more than adequate.

1  Thank tajikiev