“Nice place”
Review of Slavutych Hotel

Slavutych Hotel
Ranked #62 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Getting to the hotel is good by taxi cab. expect to pay about 5$US. Had a difficult time getting anyone to help me to the subway or local bus. Hotel was nice with a nice staff. Very good location. Once I figured out public transportation it was easy to get in and out of the city.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 May 2017

My review based on September 2015:

This is an old Soviet-era building in much need of a facelift. My host said this hotel was once popular with international travelers during communist times. When we first drove up, my spoiled American instinct said: "there is NO way I'm staying here". Then my sense of adventure kicked in and I thought it might make for an interesting experience. The ground floor is nice but the age is apparent when you see the other floors.

Room was small. The bathroom was small. Great views of the city but I wasn't sure if the narrow balcony was meant, or safe, to be walked on so I took all of my photos from the door.

We encountered one English speaking staff member. There was a currency exchange in the lobby with very limited hours. We did not use them since there were better rates elsewhere. There was a simple, buffet style breakfast available near the bar that was good. There is a disco and restaurant connected to the hotel that appeared popular but we did not go in.

All arrangement were made for us so I can't speak to the reservation system or costs. I do know compared to American equivalents, and with the favorable exchange rates, most hotels in Ukraine are a bargain.

This was my first and only time in Kyiv so I have nothing to compare it to. I stayed in hotels in Rivne and Ternopil that were much nicer so I can imagine there are better options in this city if you desire.

Room Tip: Nice views but doesn't seem close to any major attractions.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Nice and simple hotel for the traveller who doesn´t want to spend to much for a room.

Nice Art Deco inspired bar 27/7. Also a nice and actually quite nice patio outside.

Located a bit far away from Slavurich metro, but you can take a bus from around 400 meters away and you will be in the city in no time :)

A big but not noisy hotel.

Supermarket, banks and plenty of nice and affordable restaurants just around the corner.

Stayed in Slavutich twice, would come Again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Ok so this is a cheap hotel. Our room was classified as superior double by Expedia and studio double by the hotel. For the price it was extremely good value. I must admit it needs new carpets in the room and the curtains didn't cover the entire vast window but in the winter it doesn't matter.
The bed was very comfortable, the shower was powerful and hot, the room temp was perfect . It was lovely to have two armchairs and a table.
Lots of plug sockets and lighting
Lovely staff
An easy and very frequent bus ride to the metro (4 stops and very cheap) . Never waited more than a couple of minutes for the bus.
I have stayed here before and will again.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 23 November 2015

The hotel is very old. It could called "classic USSR" style, but it's just really old, seems it hasn't had any renovation since it's built. The staff is alright, but I can't say they're friendly or helpful. It's located quite far from the metro station so you should use a bus to get to metro or taxi. There;re just a few positive things I can say about it: the price and the view to the river and park.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Daria Z, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Slavutych Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Thank you for your opinion about your stay in Slavutych hotel.
We are really upset you have not fully satisfied with our services. We would like to assure you we work on the renovation of our rooms and step by step improve the quality of our services.
On the other hand we are glad you enjoyed our value for money and had the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful view during your stay in our hotel.
Your comments and opinions are very important for us, because one of the main our aim is comfort of every our Guest!
Sincerely hope you’ll visit our hotel again and your impressions will be better!
Kind regards,