“Not great”

Factory Steak & Lobster
Ranked #8 of 360 Restaurants in Managua
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Factory Steak and Lobster offers imported and local prime steak cuts, lobster and seafood specialties. Along the main room there are 2 private rooms for special occasions or make a selection from our wide wine menu and choose to seat at our open deck area.
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Been a few times. Sometimes the food is good and others not so good. Inconsistent is the best description. Expect to wait quite a while for your food regardless of how busy it is. Go to Don Candido behind the hotel for a 5 star dinner. Hotel really has no good restaurants out of the three they have.

Intermanagua, Gerente at Factory Steak & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Dear Eliminate M

Thank you very for coming many times to Factory Steak and Lobster and take your time to let us this comment. It´s very important to know because it helps us in the continuous improvement. Please let me know when you come next time to offer you something to exceed your expectations.

Always in an honor to satisfied our clients.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Dropped by for an early dinner. There were few diners given the time, though several families and couples were enjoying bar snacks of some kind outside on the pool patio.

The food was excellent. I had a french onion soup, from memory, and the prawn salad - which had enormous succulent prawns and was thoroughly delicious. This came with warm bread and some cracking plantaine chips with an amazing sauce. Everything was complemented by terrific service, and I would definitely go back with pleasure.

Intermanagua, Gerente at Factory Steak & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear WanderingHK

Thank very much for coming to Factory Steak and Lobster where you can enjoy a very delicious food with family, friends or couple. Very happy to know that you liked a lot our food. As your mentioned, on terrace area or pool people love to relax with live music on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Will be an honor to serve you soon.

yours.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Probably one of the worst meal I have ever had in my life. We ordered garlic shrimps and we asked a number of times if they were fresh and we had been told they had arrived the same day: but they had a really horrible taste.
Then we got the lobster and it smelled so much ammonia that the waiter, who also smelled the dish felt so embarrassed that immediately brought it back and offered to bring a salad or anything else I wanted.
I hope I will not get sick tonight.

Intermanagua, Gerente at Factory Steak & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear viajero696969

Your case was brought to our immediate attention, and every responsable party was alerted. Our shrimp and lobster providers were put on notice because of your valid complaint, and we are truly sorry for this inconvenience. We truly hope everything went well after the meal and please do not hesitate to contact us again when you are in Managua.

Best regars.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This restaurant is a classic "Nice ... for Nicaragua" restaurant. It was fine. The service was better than you will find at most Nica restaurants but nothing compared to the service of a decent place in the US. I can't say I will go again. Mostly because I am very motivated by awesome food, and the food was just average. And I can't get over that they advertise serving US beef, as if that is a good thing. In the US, Nicaraguan grass fed beef is what is served at the best restaurants. How could they not know that?! Average food means the menu is too big. Better to do 10 things flawlessly, the best in the country, than to do 40 things average.

Intermanagua, Gerente at Factory Steak & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Dear Roslyn,

We appreciate your comments on our internationally established restaurant, and thank you for your thoughts on our service, which is a high priority for all of our customers. Our plates are of top quality and are distinguished from other local restaurants by our exclusive meat cuts and seafood, both national and international. We will definitely take your comments into consideration and will improve on the various points stated. Our goal is to be the best Steak and Lobster in Managua, and your input will help us reach that goal.

Will be an honor to serve you again.

Yours.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for my sister's birthday and I am definitively coming back. Amazing service and food. Strongly recommend the pulp carpaccio.

Intermanagua, Gerente at Factory Steak & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Zoraidalezama

Thank you very much for choosing Factory Steak& Lobster to celebrate your sister´s birthday. Happy to know that you consider the service and food amazing.

Hope you come back soon.

Yours.