Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua
US$50
US$47
Hotel Aloha(Managua)
US$52
Art Hotel Managua(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
US$159
US$139
InterContinental
  • Pool
US$149
US$145
All reviewsconvention centerchinese restaurant next doormall across the streetpool areahotel offersan older hotelnice hotelrestaurant staff arefood courtgreat roomluxury hoteldesk stafflaundry servicegrocery storecentral americafelt safecommon areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel about 60 times for 5 years for business and before it was very lacking and outdated but the management has done an impressive and total redo of the hotel.

They remodelled every corner top to bottom with high quality, well thought out, modern, minimalist design and materials.

Nothing was left untouched. Including the gym and dining rooms.

The service by the staff is superb. They are super friendly and attentive. My dry cleaning and laundry service were top notch and very fast.

Food has always been their strong point with excellent chefs who like to outdo each other especially with their famous tropical punch!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Don F
CrownePlazaManagua, Guest Experience & Quality Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Don F,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Crowne Plaza MANAGUA.

Again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at +505 2255 9870 Ext: 5123 or linda.morales@ihg.com.

Linda Morales
Guest Experience and Quality Supervisor
+505 2255 9870 Ext: 5123
linda.morales@ihg.com

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Made the reservation for my wife, myself and our two kids for a double queen junior suite. The room we were given was a double full size junior suite. They did finally bring another bed in which defeated the purpose of the junior suite space.
The service from the staff was horrible. We came back to the room late one afternoon and the room wasn’t made up. We went down to the desk and they actually told us it was because they were busy. After we had a fit, they told us they would put us on the list to make sure the room was made up every day. Also, they knew there were four people in the room but only left two towels which means we had to call down to the desk every day for more towels.
The monster cockroaches found in our bathroom was essentially the last straw to ensure we never go back to this hotel. My wife complained, to which they cleaned the room. The manager never apologized and nothing more was said but I supposed at least the room was cleaned.
The morning of checkout we were running behind schedule and didn’t scrutinize the bill while there. once we got home, we realized there were all sorts of ancillary charges including:
• Charges to dial a local number from the room.
• Outrageously, overpriced breakfasts, which was supposed to be included in the cost of the room.
• More than doubling the cost of a car service we used once. They quoted us $30 and they charged close to $65.
• Now that I am looking closer at the bill, I even see that they charged us a considerable amount for the extra bed. I will need to call American Express back and dispute more of the charge.

The hotel had the potential to be very nice if it wasn’t run by the people that are running it. The last time we went to Nicaragua we stayed at a smaller, independently owned hotel. The experience was wonderful from start to finish. Our recommendation is to stay away from the Crown Plaza in Managaua.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Loyda L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Robert.

We are sorry to hear your comments.
It is sad for us to receive these comments since we work hard every day to excel. We will check with housekeeping about the bug incident, let me assure you that does not happen very often.

About the additional charges we will check your bill again and send you a response, since we do not charge our guests by chance.

We hope you can give us an opportunity in the future to host you once again. Have a nice week!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I had stayed here 3 or 4 times in a row with the first 2 being ok and then it going progressively downhill. The location is the worst of all of them as it's furthest away from everything in Managua. The 4th stay was my last, I had 2 rooms and had reserved facing the lake. You reserve the one you want just as you would a king or queen bed so it would not change. If you do get this room it has a bit of space and a decent view which is the reason I had been returning. They gave me both looking the wrong way which is basically looking eye sores and trash. The construction lasted for 2 days straight during the bulk of the day, it was so loud I actually thought they were drilling through my walls, I notified them and no change. When checking out they asked how my stay was, I informed them of all issues and let them know I was checking out to go to the Hilton and they just said ok. I thought having Platinum Elite status with IHG they'd at least say "sorry for the trouble" but the terrible service was on par for how their staff attitudes had been the entire time. I won't return!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Loyda L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Hi Mr Chris C.

I hope this email finds you well. We are really disappointed that we were not able to meet your standards. Please receive an apology on our behalf. How can we improve your opinion of us? I'd gladly give you my email so we can stay in touch and show you a different experience in the hotel for your next visit. My email is loyda.lopez@ihg.com

Again receive our apologies,
Loyda Lopez
Director of Sales

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I will start by apologizing for this long review which I don't normally do but it is worth the read if you are thinking about staying here!!!!!

So just returned from our resort near Tola (Aqua Wellness) and stayed at the Crown Plaza the night before our departure home. Don't really know where to start...but I can say immediately I will NEVER stay here again. At arrival into Nicaragua we stayed at the Intercontinental one night before heading to our final destination resort.

At check in (the Crown Plaza) the fellow was nice enough but certainly not excited or even seemingly interested in his job. I was the one checking us in but he continued to only look at or communicate with my husband as if I wasn't there even there. I greeted him and gave him my credit card. After running the card he gave the card back to my husband and gave the receipt to him and he just slid it to me every time. What!!! I know Latin America is a male dominated country but if you work for an international hotel chain then you will to deal with women travelers!!!!

So the rest of the afternoon was ok we walked around Managua a very, very short bit. Managua in my opinion is a place not worth spending any time in. Trash everywhere, dirt poor everywhere, and they don't seem to have any traffic rules and don't seem to care too much about tourism. It is like that country is stuck centuries behind including the WIFI.

Now it's dinner time an we decide to eat at the hotel restaurant. So the meal was nice enough if you can get past the women at the front desk that acted as though she was something like MI7 or some sort of commando with her very large headset, I don't know what for. They weren't AT ALL busy. She is the hostess. She looked at us, as we walked up, as though we were criminals and did not say hello or anything. As I said it was not like they were busy either when we walked in. There were exactly two people at 7pm. She, the commando, sat us at a table in a highly lit place, bright florescent lighting and extremely cold.

She started to speak to us only in Spanish and got indignant that we didn't speak back to her in Spanish and I asked if she spoke any English, while rolling her eyes she deliberately said NO! and continued to try to take our drink order in Spanish. AT THAT POINT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO LEAVE THE RESTURANT I WAS SO! MAD and refused to put up with that kind of service...or lack thereof!!!! Then suddenly a gentleman showed up and took over and he spoke English very well.

So having said the above my husband and I know enough Spanish to get around and will speak it if there is a give and take because we don't speak it well enough to have a conversation in Spanish. And this women was instant on making us speak/understand her without trying to help us out. WOW!! Also, what was funny about this place too there were these two men walking around, in the restaurant doing nothing but walking around, in black suits. I said to my husband look at the two new "Men in Black" . Remember the movie? well that's what it was like. Too funny and weird at the same time!!!

Oh, by he way the meal was just OK.

Check out: Well the same think men in black walking around seemingly doing nothing. A women checked us out and nice enough but barely spoke English again and she handed me a bill completely in the local currency where as everywhere else we had been could give us both US$ and local on one check. Even tiny breakfast restaurant in the airport.
She refused a US$ bill so lucky for me I have a currency converter on my iPhone.

In a nut shell, STAY AT THE INTERCONTINENTAL JUST UP THE STREET. They were very happy to see you and ALL were very helpful and friendly!!!!!!! They are also IHG members. The Intercon is also MUCH nicer than the Crown Plaza. The Crown is very worn down, OLD, and the bathroom we had in our suite was the tiniest I have every been in!!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kwan G
CrownePlazaManagua, GUEST EXPERIENCE & QUALITY SUPERVISOR at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear kwanie

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Crowne Plaza MANAGUA.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at +505 2255 9870 Ext: 5123 or linda.morales@ihg.com.

Linda Morales
Guest Experience and Quality Supervisor
+505 2255 9870 Ext: 5123
linda.morales@ihg.com

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Conveniently located 20 minutes from Sandino international airport this hotel offers a high standard of living for this part of the world. The rooms are well appointed with good quality fittings and furnishings . You need to book the shuttle to and from the airport although we were leaving too early and had to get a cab. Breakfast is included, but I can't comment on that as again we left too early. Right across the street is a shopping mall with plenty of of restaurants and bars to taste the local cuisine. Over all , highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManagua, Coordinator of Management at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear gineer
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Crowne Plaza Managua. For us it is very important to know the experience of each guest and in this way to seek the continuous improvement in our service, we are pleased to know that you were satisfied with the service.
We hope to have again with us

Greetings.