“Only for a few-hour stay”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Only stayed here literally for 8 hours (from C/I to C/O) so that my friends and I can catch an early flight out of MGA. 2 of us are hospitality professional so we know in/out of the business.
The room we got was a small 2-bedded room. We had to wait for a bit because this room wasn't 'occupancy' ready: no towels in the room. This is a result of the front desk agent telling us that there was no more 2-bedded room and that they were all sold out.'
If they were all sold out, this room should have been occupancy ready, but obviously, we knew better.

Anyway, 2 beds leveled differently; one higher than the other...LOL The room looked like it needed a bit of maintenance/cleaning touch ups.

Considering what we got and the hours we stayed, $160 was a bit steep!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaManagua, Guest Experience & Quality Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Peacefulsoul1,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Crowne Plaza MANAGUA.

Again, thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at +505 2255 9870 Ext: 5123 or linda.morales@ihg.com.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

The room are small , they only have one restaurant and one bar, the pool is great, the breakfast is OK, nice gym and the hotel have salon and spa, the location is not the best, front the Hotel you have a small shopping center with local store only and food court and no more. The security in the hotel is visible you can see 3 or 4 security guard front the hotel and inside.

Room Tip: room in the front have better view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManagua, Guets Experience & Quality Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear josenG648PM

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel about 60 times for 5 years for business and before it was very lacking and outdated but the management has done an impressive and total redo of the hotel.

They remodelled every corner top to bottom with high quality, well thought out, modern, minimalist design and materials.

Nothing was left untouched. Including the gym and dining rooms.

The service by the staff is superb. They are super friendly and attentive. My dry cleaning and laundry service were top notch and very fast.

Food has always been their strong point with excellent chefs who like to outdo each other especially with their famous tropical punch!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Don F
CrownePlazaManagua, Guest Experience & Quality Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Don F,

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Made the reservation for my wife, myself and our two kids for a double queen junior suite. The room we were given was a double full size junior suite. They did finally bring another bed in which defeated the purpose of the junior suite space.
The service from the staff was horrible. We came back to the room late one afternoon and the room wasn’t made up. We went down to the desk and they actually told us it was because they were busy. After we had a fit, they told us they would put us on the list to make sure the room was made up every day. Also, they knew there were four people in the room but only left two towels which means we had to call down to the desk every day for more towels.
The monster cockroaches found in our bathroom was essentially the last straw to ensure we never go back to this hotel. My wife complained, to which they cleaned the room. The manager never apologized and nothing more was said but I supposed at least the room was cleaned.
The morning of checkout we were running behind schedule and didn’t scrutinize the bill while there. once we got home, we realized there were all sorts of ancillary charges including:
• Charges to dial a local number from the room.
• Outrageously, overpriced breakfasts, which was supposed to be included in the cost of the room.
• More than doubling the cost of a car service we used once. They quoted us $30 and they charged close to $65.
• Now that I am looking closer at the bill, I even see that they charged us a considerable amount for the extra bed. I will need to call American Express back and dispute more of the charge.

The hotel had the potential to be very nice if it wasn’t run by the people that are running it. The last time we went to Nicaragua we stayed at a smaller, independently owned hotel. The experience was wonderful from start to finish. Our recommendation is to stay away from the Crown Plaza in Managaua.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Loyda L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Robert.

We are sorry to hear your comments.
It is sad for us to receive these comments since we work hard every day to excel. We will check with housekeeping about the bug incident, let me assure you that does not happen very often.

About the additional charges we will check your bill again and send you a response, since we do not charge our guests by chance.

We hope you can give us an opportunity in the future to host you once again. Have a nice week!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I had stayed here 3 or 4 times in a row with the first 2 being ok and then it going progressively downhill. The location is the worst of all of them as it's furthest away from everything in Managua. The 4th stay was my last, I had 2 rooms and had reserved facing the lake. You reserve the one you want just as you would a king or queen bed so it would not change. If you do get this room it has a bit of space and a decent view which is the reason I had been returning. They gave me both looking the wrong way which is basically looking eye sores and trash. The construction lasted for 2 days straight during the bulk of the day, it was so loud I actually thought they were drilling through my walls, I notified them and no change. When checking out they asked how my stay was, I informed them of all issues and let them know I was checking out to go to the Hilton and they just said ok. I thought having Platinum Elite status with IHG they'd at least say "sorry for the trouble" but the terrible service was on par for how their staff attitudes had been the entire time. I won't return!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Loyda L, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Managua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Hi Mr Chris C.

I hope this email finds you well. We are really disappointed that we were not able to meet your standards. Please receive an apology on our behalf. How can we improve your opinion of us? I'd gladly give you my email so we can stay in touch and show you a different experience in the hotel for your next visit. My email is loyda.lopez@ihg.com

Again receive our apologies,