“Tapas in Managua”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2016

A local couple suggested we go here for dinner and I'm glad we did. It felt like a very down to earth environment, and was quite busy that evening. The various tapas we had were fine. We ordered red sangria -- this is the one thing I'd suggest they improve. It tasted rather like soda than sangria. The service was fine and quality for the price was great. It's a friendly environment and if I'm ever back in Managua, I would give this spot another try.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

The title is misleading because a more down to earth restaurant would be hard to find, and they are now surprising and delighting regular clients with several meat dishes to c implement their now famous fish and seafood.

We have been customers for more than ten years, always enjoying the same fresh filets of corvina , or sometimes camerones with garlic.

Then I saw at the entrance a small blackboard which announced that a Lamb Stew was available. When it arrived , heaped upon its plate, it looked very good, and when I first enjoyed the first mouthful I knew that the care in cooking, using the right salt, cooking the potatoes just right, and served with a very cold beer, all reflected the original standards of an" honest kitchen"

the Lamb is pelebuey not so soft as Vaughn Breeders, but is half the price if you can find it. Try it.!!!!
Pl

Reviewed 26 December 2015

I do not understand how this restaurant has received so many positive reviews. I suspect many of these reviews are written by friends and family.

I met here for dinner with two friends. One friend had eaten here before and he had suggested this place as myself and our other friend had never eaten here. It was our first ...and last time.

We first sat in the air-conditioned room which was so noisy we had to move out. We couldn't hear each other at our table. It was like sitting in a huge echo chamber as there is nothing hanging on any of the walls to deaden the sound.

Also, the service was very poor. Whenever we wanted anything we had to wave our arms in the air to get the waiter's attention...and it wasn't even very busy. The steak I had was OK but nothing special. I have had much better steak at many other restaurants in Managua over the last eight years. The steak also looked quite lonely on the plate as it was sparsely surrounded with a few sautéed vegetables and nothing else.

My friends had seafood, which they said was alright, but again, nothing special. When we left, myself and one friend went to another, much better restaurant, and had a more filling and satisfying meal.

We will never return to this overpriced, poor service, skimpy servings, restaurant....and we dine out at least twice a week.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

We have been eating here for nearly ten years and never been disappointed. If you like fresh corvina and other white fish, camerones with garlic, and a cold beer, or paella and other complicated northern spanish dishes this is the real deal.

Reviewed 27 February 2015

Best seafood in town if you ask me. Lots of garlic and olive oil on every plate! Excellent surprise during my last trip, the beef was cooked to perfection, full of flavor. Tapas, Paella, Steak and aaaall the SEAFOOD is excellent. Place is a bit informal, ranch style, but thats the idea! Chalkboards on the wall instead of handheld menus, old school feeling, rather fun. Also has an Air conditioned room for those who are not too tolerante of tropical weather