“Best place in town”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

It is old, far from modern, needs a freshening up, but ... it is stil the best restaurant in Managua.
Try the grilled lobster, have a nice bottle of wine along and enjoy life.
I cannot come to Managua without my lobster tails.
And if you compare it with international prices, it's a steal.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

The only first class dining experience you will get in Managua. Amazing food, great owners, excellent service. Do not miss out on this dining experience!

1  Thank skp902017
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

My spouse and I are vacationing in Managua and decided to have dinner at your restaurant on September 28 to celebrate our 42 wedding anniversary. A friend of ours Silvia T. called the day before to make sure we would have a confirmed reservation. When we arrived at 8:40 PM and gave our name to the head waiter he looked liked at us like we had just landed from the moon. After a few minutes we were told that they had given our table to someone else without asking for their names and there was no other table. So much for Nicaragua first class restaurant.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

While people traveling into Nicaragua tout the 'cheap' lodging and food, we try to find a place that has atmosphere, great service, and wonderful food. The Nogueras family has been in continual restaurant business since the 1950's and the starched white table cloths with soft light and music show their class.
Escargot appetizers were marvelous and the beef and fish are world class. All are prepared with a Mediterranean flair, and served by efficient and attentive waitstaff. And the wine list is delightful.
Remember that, while much of Managua is very casual dining, proper attire is required (though leave any coat at tie at home).

1  Thank workout68
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We started with appetizers which included prosciutto from Spain called Pata Negro which was amazing. I normally pass on this dish in the US because of the saltiness, but the texture looked different so I gave it a try. To my surprise the prosciutto was flavorful and the salt very subtle. I wanted to try something unusual and local so we had octopus prepared in a clay pot. WOW! This pot was a fusion of flavors and the octopus was tender and buttery.
Paella for two was the main dish we ordered and we were amazed at its table side presentation It came with huge lobsters, an abundance of shrimp, and other seafood that was fresh and perfectly cooked. It was delicious.

The service was so warm and personable that it added to the enjoyment of the evening. The owners took the time to talk and visit with us which was great. The ambiance of the outdoor dining area was beautiful with soft lighting that hung from a large tree and the canopies. We opted for the inside which was air-conditioned. The inside walls are decorated with beautiful paintings from local artists and antiquities throughout the restaurant are a delight to the eye.

The dinner was finished with Chinese fruit braised in a sweet sauce served with cheese. What am amazing dessert. I would definitely recommend eating here! This is why I eat out. I couldn't replicate these dishes if I tried.