Albrook Inn(Panama City)
US$55
Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$56
US$150
US$95
Aloft Panama(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
US$104
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
US$73
US$60
Aparthotel Torres de Alba(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$55
US$220
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Very nice old style hotel. Decorated inside in Caribean style, with wonderful stained glass windows. There is a small vivarium right next to the breakfast room, with all sorts of birds and a real Mono Titi, a Central American Sqirrel Monkey. Frank, the host, is a very friendly and helpful man.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I bring small groups of entomologist's to Panama several times a year, and we stay at the Canal Inn whenever we are in Panama City (have stayed here at least 12 times over the last 3-4 years). It's convenient to all the highways link to other parts of the country, and the domestic airport (Gelabert/old Albrook Air Force Base) is 5 minutes away. It is NOT located near Tocumen, as one reviewer states in his review.

The owner, Franz, his nephew Ovin, Maria, Gloria, and DeMarie make you feel like you're at home when staying there. The rooms and beds are comfortable, and it's located in a quiet neighborhood next to the Bridge of the Americas.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Albert214
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We have now stayed twice at the Canal Inn, located in the Boca region of Panama City, near the canal and are planning another stay there at the end of the month. We also recommended the hotel to our kids who also stayed there recently. Host Franz simply cannot do enough to make our stays perfect - even drove us to the Metropolitan Park himself and got Thomas to take us shopping when all the restaurants were closed New Year's Eve. The rooms are spacious, the neighbourhood quiet and the area full of birds. The hotel is easy to get to from the road leading to and from the Bridge of the Americas and is very handy to Albrook bus station and airport. Drives to Tocumen can be arranged.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in rooms at the back of the hotel. Apart from a bit of barking from the dogs next door, we have always found them very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank athelas59
Reviewed 30 March 2015

A group of my friends and I stayed in this inn during our week in Panama. The owner of the hotel, Franz, is a wonderful guy. He and another worker, Maria, were extremely hospitable. The hotel was always clean and was a delightful place to stay. Breakfast in the morning was always delicious. The neighborhood of the inn was very safe and peaceful. I wholeheartedly recommend the Canal Inn!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank EBright12
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Arriving from the wonderful and remote surf spot Santa Catalina I didn't expect much of Panama City. However, the Canal Inn owners helped me to have four great days in this thriving city.

To start with, (and I guess for many people a crucial factor when deciding where to stay in a big metropolis such as PC), the Canal Inn is located in a safe and quiet surrounding. On top of that you find some of the major sights within walking distance: The Panama Canal is around the corner, Ancon Hill with a unique view over the city is about 20- 30 minutes away and the wonderful Causeway is about 30- 40 minutes by foot. Casco Viejo, the old town, is also in the closer vicinity, however, it is recommended to take a taxi (not more than 5$) since you have to cross a rather unfriendly neighborhood to get there. The Albrook Mall and the for tourists inevitably important Albrook Bus Terminal is a 10- 15 minutes taxi ride (3- 5$) away.

Much of this information and other interesting facts can also be taken from Lonely Planet or any other well researched travel guide. But no tourist guide book is as valuable as first hand information from local citizens who have lived their entire lives in this city. When I arrived at Canal Inn the owner sat down with me and advised me in solid English with some things I needed to know: never get in a taxi before agreeing on a fare, great Panamanian run restaurants for reasonably cheap prices which cannot be found in Lonely Planet, quickest directions and short cuts, some history facts on the city and its development, etc. They even gave me a ride to the airport on my check out day for a very very good price.

Next time Panama, I will most def stay check in there again!

Room Tip: Book ahead!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business