US$104
AC Hotels
Albrook Inn(Panama City)
US$55
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
US$73
US$62
US$152
US$95
Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$56
Aparthotel Torres de Alba(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$55
Aloft Panama(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$99
BestDay.com
US$220
  • Pool
All reviewshotel is centrally locatedspoke englishvery nice hotelmetro stationbusiness districtroom was largecitypanamabellmantaxiscanal
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The Continental is a nice place - what makes it nicer is the staff - in particular the folks at the front desk and the bellmen and the house staff - well - everyone. Very friendly all smiles.
The place shows some age in places but they are up grading. I was on the tenth floor - one of the recently done floors and it was very well done.
This is the best deal for hotel that I found.
Unless you are just looking for slot machines - don't bother with the in house casino - you'll be really disappointed -
There is a VERY NICE casino immediately next door that offers all the casino games and is very sharp and well put together.
The Metro sub line is amazing with a terminal within fifty meters of the hotel - rivals any fast rail I have seen - really a must see
If you haven't been to Panama City before you should know that the main city is filthy - garbage everywhere - streets torn up - way too many junk food places - everything is sticky.
Casco Vieja on the other hand is well worth a visit - much has been re-built - the architecture in general is well put together and really offers a sense of past centuries. Lots of great little restaurants - unfortunately, many are extremely over priced - so you need to nose around - consult T/A for best - (One of my favorites for a cocktail and a snack was "Malibu" - you'll find several reviews in T/A)
If you have been to Habana you'll find that Casco Vieja falls short of the Habana Vieja experience but it's still worth a visit.
Try to make time for the Panama Railway - an opportunity to experience luxury rail travel as is was last century - right down to the exquisite mahogany wood work throughout. It follows the canal from Panama City to Colon on the Caribbean side.
The journey is a bit more than 1 hour and cuts through the rain forest in places. I've been on the O/E from Venice to Paris - this adventures gives you a nibble .
Can't say much about Colon - other than it's run down and dirty - there is a part of Colon (Colon 2000) that's worth a ten minute visit (maybe) I hung around all day because I wanted to take the train back to Panama City at 5 pm
I read some very discouraging comments about customer service and general attitudes found in Panama City - to the contrary I didn't run into anyone that wasn't helpful as well as friendly.
All in all - Panama is digging it's way out of a really bad run of corrupt government and poverty related woes - but the folks are working hard to come around

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor above eight - it has eleven floors but to floor is suites only I think
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Mirna C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest Pufferfish2:

Receive our greetings and thanks for the time you took to share your experience during your stay in Panama.
We are pleased to know that our staff met your expectations, as well our renovated rooms on the upper floors.
Our hotel has started its renovation program, so we expect to offer a modern and comfortable facilities very soon.
We have shared your comments with our managers and guarantee you, that we will work on it.

Your opinion is very important to us, thank you for the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed for 3 days. Room was large, clean and had a great shower. Breakfast was good. Did not use the casino. Only a half a block from a metro station. Staff was helpful and a special shout out to Maria in the business room. She was very helpful to me and went out of her way.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Samantha B, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Mr. The Duke California:

Thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased to know that you considered our service very helpful.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Based on previous experience with the hotel, we made arrangements for a group of university students to stay for a week, using the hotel as a base for our program in Panama City. It is centrally located and the staff are very attentive to our needs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mirna C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Guest B Kraeme:

On behalf of the Continental Hotel & Casino Staff, I would like to thank you for your comments.

We are pleased to know that your expectations were fullfiled and hope you will visit us on your next visit to Panama.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Staff was great needed a wash rag.. only 1 hand towel sometimes and sometimes no floor mat. Bed was very hard and caused back ache. I made friends with the night security and bell captain. The ac went out the third night and I had to be moved to a new room. this caused some grief as I was entertaining.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mirna C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Mr.(s) Ge0rgemills:

On behalf of the Continental Hotel & Casino Staff, I would like to offer our apologies. Regarding your inconveniences during your stay, your comments have been shared with the personnel involved. Thank you for the opportunity to improve our services.

Hope you will accept our apologies and join us again on your next visit to Panama.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

It seems like this hotel hates their costumers. When i first checked in, i was met with two women in the front desk, who Where more busy talking and laughing than doing their job. The tone and atmosphere was really bad and non friendly. When i got my room i wanted to cool down at the pool. Impossible, the pool is more like a fountain than a pool. The wifi is only for one device. The minibar was locked. I went out shopping and met a friend. After i wanted to get back and Change clothes before heading for dinner. I brought my friend back and didnt think that would be a problem, i was wrong. The guy in the entrance basically called my friend a prostitute and said that she couldn't go to my room and "do things" with me. We Where both wearing normal clothes and it was 7 PM. I really think you should rethink your customer service. Calling guest for prostitutes, what kind of behavior is that?! You can never justify that. After i checked out, i left my luggage at the hotel, and got back to collect it 4 hours later. I asked for some wifi, and was met with a really mad woman at the front desk, who asked what was wrong with my previous code. I told her that it didnt work, as i checked out 4 hours earlier. She made a big deal out of it, and started talking in spanish to the other woman at the front desk. I have around 60-70 hotel nights year, and i have never experienced anything like this. So if you like being discriminated by the staff and a bad atmosphere, book this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Mirna C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Continental Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Mr. Simon H:

On behalf of the Continental Hotel & Casino Staff, I would like to offer our apologies. Regarding your inconveniences during your stay, your comments have been shared with the personnel involved so that the right measures can be taken.

Thank you for the opportunity to improve our services. I hope you will accept our apologies and give us a future opportunity to change this impression.

Best Regards,