All reviews de ville small hotel rooms are large breakfast room comfortable bed high rise fresh fruit central location city calle receptionist casino furnishings bathrobes uber
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We booked a room in July for a wedding in October through booking.com (BC). When we arrived, they told us we didn't have a room despite the confirmation from BC (we found out later that BC had emailed us while on the flight).

I had also tried to contact them to book airport transfers to no avail. Phone number goes to fax, they don't have a functioning website, nor email address.

I must give credit where it is due. They were very helpful in finding us a nearby hotel with 2 double beds (friends part of a wedding party) but after seeing the lobby and some rooms, we were super happy not to stay there anyway. This is definitely not a 4 star hotel. Maybe it used to be but I wouldn't give it more than 2 nowadays. Kudos to Booking.com for moving us to the very nice Bristol Hotel just 2 streets away.

Would I ever books this hotel again? No

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Josée S
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I stayed here for a wedding recently and when my boyfriend and I arrived, we were told by the receptionist that there was no booking in their system for us, despite us having a confirmation from booking.com. We accepted that perhaps the issue was with booking.com and pleaded for him to find us a room. He told us that they were fully booked but all of a sudden found us a room. When I asked him how did a room appear, he said that he had cancelled somebody else's booking that was due to arrive the following day.

The following day another guest who was also attending the wedding, arrived to be told the exact same story as us that he couldn't find their reservation, despite that guest having called the hotel TWICE to confirm their reservation beforehand and having organised a car from the airport. It wasn't the last time I saw this same receptionist doing this. Everytime the exact same story and blaming booking.com or one of the other booking websites.

But we got to stay so we were very happy! The hotel is nice. It's old but has character. The rooms are absolutely massive. The lighting in the room is poor though and I had to use the torch light on my phone to help me do my make-up.

This is a hotel that I would have liked to have given more stars to but sadly it's not somewhere you can rely on for keeping your booking, even if you reconfirm with them directly. For that reason I wouldn't recommend it nor would I stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bex H
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I know, I know....I reviewed this hotel earlier, and not too kindly. But I stayed again. Shame on me. My wife likes the area. I reserved their best room, top floor, two levels, and reserved it here on Tripadvisor. I would not know how this penthouse suite really is.....because they had rented it to someone else. That's right. My reservation was meaningless to them. On the bright side, the hotel's restaurant that I reviewed as marginal had closed. Sparing, perhaps, another unwary traveler from the indifference of a staff simply booking time. I promise I will not write another review of hotel Deville.......I will have no occasion to do so. If you make a reservation here, you had better have a back up plan.

Room tip: not really meaningful, as they may rent your reserved room to another. You must take what you get...
Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Williedee
Reviewed 24 November 2016

We spend three nights at this hotel. The reception guy welcomed us very friendly late in the night and explained us the way to our room. The hotel is quite small, but the rooms itself are big. We had a nice king-size bed and everything was clean in the room. The bathroom was also clean and very big. The only thing in the room that we did not like is the darkness. We had only one very small window with blinds and directly behind the window was the next building located so that no daylight could come into the room. Furthermore, the electric lights in the room were very weak.

Breakfast was very ok for the price (toast, cheese, eggs, marmelade, fruites, yoghurts etc.)

Most of the staff was not able to communicate in English, but it was somehow possible to express what we wanted.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 20 November 2016

Hotel DeVille is a wonderful boutique hotel with an Italian theme. The rooms are large and well appointed. The standard rooms have a large shower, the upgraded rooms have large size tubs. The rooms are very quiet and spacious.

Date of stay: November 2016