Albrook Inn(Panama City)
US$55
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
US$73
US$66
Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$56
US$95
Aloft Panama(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$109
Aparthotel Torres de Alba(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$359
  • Pool
Avila Hotel(Panama City)
All reviewsvia argentinametro stationwalking distancemini barfront desk staffshort driveel cangrejoconvenient locationfloor to ceiling windowsvery pleasant staythe hotel is cleansafe areahotel staffbreakfast includedthe staff was friendly and helpfulspoke englishbusiness hotel
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I can enumerate the reasons why we left this hotel:
1) We booked a superior king room which cost around 100$ per night and we were given one room with 2 small beds (This was our first trip to lobby)

-Genuine error/mistake???-

2. Once we were given and changed to the correct room, we realized that some items in the minibar and bathroom including: rum, tequila toothpaste and more were missing. So, if you dont want to be charged for items that you didnt use/consume please report this immediately to the staff (This was our second trip to the lobby). We were told by reception staff that hotel was aware of those missing items, but how about informing the guest about this issue?

-Miscommunication-.

3. On the same room we realized that we were not able to connect to wifi. There was internet in the hall but nothing inside our room. We tried by walking all areas around but unfortunately signal was not strong enough (In our third trip to the lobby to complaint about this issue, we were told that a maintenance employee will visit our room for further inspection. Someone in deed came but no improvement. This person did nothing and never came back "as promised")

- Our bad luck?-.

4. We were moved again to another room in the 8th floor and once we opened the door the nuisance coming from it was to say the least UNBEARABLE. (Our fourth trip to the lobby in less than an hour and I asked to the reception staff Mr.Franco: "Have you ever been inside that room" Cause absolutely no one will tolerate the noise coming from that air conditioning).

-Done on purpose?-.

5. We were so upset and tired after flying across the world that we decided to take back the room without wifi. Misteriously that room was already taken by other guest

-What a joke-!.

6. We were offered to moved to a near by hotel TRYP BY WYNDHAM that was half price of Novotel and way much better.

Do you want to ask me if I will come again to any Novotel again? NOT EVEN FOR FREE! I'll rather to sleep in the floor of Tocumen airport (At least they have good wifi).

And lastly, Im waiting for them to reimburse me the deposit taken from my debit card!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eli L
Katherine S, General Manager at Novotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear Eli B ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Panama City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate you had share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

This is again one example of Accor hotels that is not that well managed. The staff in the front desk and in the restaurant is great, but... I cannot even remember when I have spent my nights in so unclean room as here in Panama. Anywhere you looked at close to the wall, the floor was gray because of the dirt on the floor. Obviously that is a clear management problem in that area.

The hotel is already a little bit aged and needs some renovation or at least cleaning also in common areas.

On the plus side is a good location just outside the business centre, good views from upper floors and just big enough rooms.

I used to be a platinum member of Acoor's loyalty program, but today I prefer some other chains, because Accor seems to have serious management problems in their hotels and also in their centralised operations (= client is not any more the number one in the priorities).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Katherine S, General Manager at Novotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Protravellers ,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The location is great. The hotel itself is nice with spacious modern rooms. The breakfast selection was great with eggs/omelets cooked to order. The staff was friendly and helpful. In short it was ideal except for one major, major flaw.

On Saturday night, the hotel hosted a wedding on the mezzanine level and even though our room was 2 floors up from there the music was unbelievably loud. We had to wake up early the next day so at 11P I went down to ask them to turn the music down. They said the party would end "soon".
At midnight it was still going strong and the music was just as loud as before. Even though I complained twice more, nobody responded and nobody ever even tried to turn the music down. The party kept going until 4AM.
For that reason alone I rate the experience as terrible.
I will never go back there.

Room Tip: avoid the lower floors at all cost (esp. weekends)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Katherine S, General Manager at Novotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Frank E,

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Modern and comfortable. Some rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows that are nicer than others. I chose it because it was reasonably close to a commercial street with a subway station, but I ended up travelling by Uber anyway.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Katherine S, General Manager at Novotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Luxotraveller,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Novotel Panama City. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. We will share it with our team; this for sure encourages us to give the extra mile.

We are grateful to know that we fulfill your expectations and that you recommend our hotel. We look forward for your next visit, to assist you as you deserve.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2018

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Katherine S, General Manager at Novotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018