“Horrible hotel, stay away!”
Review of Hotel Montreal

Hotel Montreal
Ranked #109 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I spend 1 week in hotel Montreal. The only good thing is the location, near metro station, shops, 24 hours huge supermarket. But no safe during the night, no people around only weird ones wandering offering strange things to a single tourist lady. The hotel is old and dirty. Rooms facing the street have always a lot of dust all over and its very noisy but there is everyday cleaning. The room was full of bugs which are crawling on the furniture. The smells from the kitchen are coming to the hall. A tv was not working, bed linen smelled like haven't been washed previously, uncomfortable and dirty bed . Reception desk staff is very unpolite, exept one lady I have't seen a single smile from the others for a whole week. They didn't want to change me the room, only offer was room without a window and airless with a noise coming from the ventilation system. There is a small pool at the rooftop but the water was so dirty so not possible to swim. I don't recommend this place, it's a dump. The worst I ever seen, staying there was a nightmare!

Stayed: February 2017

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Old, smelly furniture, extremely loud air-conditioning, TVs with screens that don't show channels in a proper quality, I didn't get a blanket, there were no sockets to charge the phone near my bed, shower door was a bit dangerous to manouver, and I had mosquitos in my room, which ruined my night. I found another hotel at lower price being of much, much higher quality!
There is one great thing - the swimming pool on the roof with a magnificent view of the skyscrapers. But that is the only one thing!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Small hotel great to crash over night , check out at 2:00pm they also provide tour around the city for $25 , there is a small restaurant inside the hotel good for breakfast and some coffe before your day start.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2016

My friend and I booked two separate rooms through Expedia at the
last minute and checked in late. The staff wasn't very friendly nor did they seem too interested in their tasks. Once I got to my room, I immediately noticed how run down my room was. The walls were dirty, the bed cover was worn and tattered and there were no towels available in my room...zero!! The room was noisy as well because of the old a/c system. I seriously wasn't too sure of the sanitariness of the bed sheets given the condition of my room. Went over to my friend's room afterwards and same complaints except his bed cover had huge holes throughout...unbelievable. I generally am tolerant of the occasional older hotels while travelling abroad but this place was a dump to say the least. I've never seen such a run down place in my travels and have certainly slept in much cleaner and nicer hostels than this place. The pictures posted by others on this hotel are spot on. My friend and I immediately checked out and went to a nearby Doubletree Hotel afterwards. The Montreal front desk staff asked why we decided to check out quickly and when I told him, he shrugged and didn't seem to care as if he had seen this happen numerous times. Travelers beware. This easily has to be the worst hotel I've seen ever, period.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jose C
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I stay one night here looking for some relax of the crazy city and this was just terrible. I wish the could give me back my money and I sleep on the street.
First the staff was horrible they have 0.
The clean is the worst evert, everything dirty they didn't clean the room, just change the sheets and the new ones was with a lot of black and red point and also hair of other people. Thanks god the air conditioner was working. The showers dirty as well, the manager ugly face if you request for something a change or what ever they wanted me to wait until 4pm to check in because the room wasn't ready. Pool area looks like they forgot this exist, no paint, old seats, and very crowded. It was a bad experience at all. I couldn't relax in any way. They definitely should pay to the people for stay here.

I'll recommend the owner who probably really don't care this place, be a bit more human and serious and fix this place because it let a bad taste on the mouth of Panama at all. The view of the room was quite of decent so I just spent the time watching to the street.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo