All reviewsperfect placefamily and friendsfeel at homefive starin towncarolynvenuehospitalitycomfortsistersbeautylafayetteparties
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed at The Caldwell House December 30th-31st. The house was decorated beautifully for the holidays and was perfect for our romantic night away. We stayed in the Evangeline room; I highly recommend this room. It is spacious, has a king size bed, fireplace, shower, and Jacuzzi tub. While there was one other couple staying long-term upstairs, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Breakfast was wonderful and filling! They went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. If you're ever in the area, stay here! We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Darlene F, Owner at The Caldwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Kris, we're so happy to have provided the perfect spot for your romantic getaway! The Evangeline suite makes you feel like royalty - we hope you'll return soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Caldwell House, and everything was better than we could imagine. My bridal party got ready in the upstairs suite, and my husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite after.

From our first meeting with Ms. Carolyn to days after the wedding, we were so happy with the venue and the service. The staff was very accommodating, and we were able to customize the venue to our style. Ms. Carolyn truly went above and beyond for us, and we received so many compliments from our guests on the venue.

I absolutely recommend this venue for any wedding!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecocajun
Darlene F, Owner at The Caldwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear "ecocajun" - it was such a privilege to host your wedding and share your joy! Thanks so much for posting your review and recommending The Caldwell to other couples. Our staff treats every guest like family - it's the Cajun way!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

The Campbell House hosted my daughter's wedding, and did a marvelous job. The staff was incredible. The Campbell Cottage was a convenient place for us to stay for the night. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast location.

Room Tip: The Cottage has two bedrooms, and a full kitchen.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Darlene F, Owner at The Caldwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

The Caldwell House was privileged to host the Sonnier-Russo wedding! Our spacious B&B, as well as The Caldwell Cottage, makes any event a "destination wedding" when family and friends choose to stay on the property before, during and after the festivities! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Caldwell.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

This place is incredible!! The manager, Carolyn, is a terrific person. She makes you feel at home. The Caldwell is very clean, the room (Morning Gory) is very nice. The bedding is comfortable. I would highly recommend The Caldwell to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Darlene F, Owner at The Caldwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you, Lona - it was our pleasure to host you! We hope you'll visit The Caldwell again and experience the style and comfort of another suite!

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Not sure how you cannot like this place. I've stayed in each room; every minute and dollar was well spent. The staff kicks booty and when you leave you can call them family. It's nice to know I have a bed in my hometown to go to when I come in from Houston.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Darlene F, Owner at The Caldwell House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

PoppaGator, thanks for that knockout review! We always feel we're welcoming family when guests like you return to The Caldwell!