US$99
US$87
Days Inn Abbeville(Abbeville)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$72
CandlewoodSuites
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscontinental breakfastswimming poolplace to staybypassmanager
Reviewed 26 June 2015

Don't do it! I have never written a disparaging review before, but need to share our experience with other travelers.

Having read good reviews, we decided to stay here. On first impression, it seemed quiet. The rooms were dark, small, and worn - but seemed clean enough. We left our U-Haul trailer for the day to sight see. When we returned, the motel was buzzing with activity - doors open, people shouting, and walking room-to-room. We noted a beat-up truck parked next to our trailer, dark tinted windows rolled tight, with its occupant chain smoking, intently watching what was going on. He was not moving - or speaking to anyone, though he was right outside of our motel room door.

When he was still there several hours later, we felt uneasy about leaving our trailer - hooked it up and took it with us to dinner. ( We had noticed that the chain smoking truck DID NOT have license plates of any kind!)

At dinner, we happened to meet a local law enforcement officer - who inquired as to where we were staying. He advised us to move - claiming many of their phone calls came from that motel - drug enforcement, prostitution, and more!

The decision to move was made when we returned to Sunbelt Lodge to find the truck still sitting outside of our room,

When we talked to the desk clerk about our decision - and concerns, she could have cared less and did nothing to dissuade our fears...

When we told her that we would have to comment on Trip Advisor, she told us to go ahead - "(she) didn't read it anyways!"

Nothing happened to us physically, but it would have been a very long wakeful night.

It's your money and your safety - we took ours elsewhere!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tdb2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I fled from a Motel 6 in Lafayette ( see another review of mine) an drove to Abbeville. I was familiar with Abbeville and felt sure of finding a cheap stay for one night . It was late but the night manager was accommodating. It was in late October. I got a tremendous rate, $46. Clean and comfortable. Everything worked. Friendly staff. Dry cereal and real milk for breakfast (other things also available).

The bad reviews are all from 2007. Discard them. SunBelt Lodge is excellent. Maybe new owners. Also it is not a chain. Probably locally owned.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: I got a handicapped room, as it was available to non-handicapped. So I don't know what other rooms are like. But I suppose they are equally Excellent
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Danwershow
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here for 1 1/2weeks last year during n after hurricane Isaac.We enjoyed our stay.All the staff were friendly n very helpful.Our rooms were clean n stocked.They have a n outside pool which helped out alot since we were evacuating from a hurricane.And,my kids used the pool everyday just about all day.Pool area was clean n had chairs n patio set for you to sit comfortable and enjoy your kids swimming.They had continental breakfast.also a huge help was the laundry room.We had 2 different rooms.One room had a kitchen in it.I was so glad to see they had that to offer.It was'nt expensive at all.The location of the hotel is in a perfect place.It has everything right around the corner.It also is pet friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann V
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This is a great place to stay. The Sunbelt is a nice local motel. The rooms are always clean, The contienental Breakfast is nice. The have interent not wi fi but you can ask the front desk for a ethernet code. The staff is wonderful. This is very nice in the heart of cajun country. I give them a 10. Keep up the great work, the GM Della Hardy is the best and takes care of this.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Timothy M
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The rooms we better than most of the hotels I've stayed at in that price range...basic accommodations. The bed had a very hard mattress, if you like that kinda thing. The light breakfast included is of the standard fare....It is advertised "Internet" on the sign out front, they do have a computer in the lobby...that's it..No Wi Fi. Had I known that, I would have looked elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo