“Yummy”
Review of Atwood's Bakery

Atwood's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Description: Not just an excellent bakery, but also has outstanding sit-down service and gourmet foods.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We recently stopped at Atwood's on our way to New Orleans, based on the reviews. We were not disappointed! The smell was amazing & the glass display cabinets full of treats were heaven. We picked a sampling of items & got back on the road. The chocolate croissant was by far the best, rivaling ones I had in Paris. Everything was very good & definitely worth the stop. There is a small seating area if you want to eat in & I believe they do brunch as well.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I come here every time I drive through Alexandria and live it every time! The food is awesome and a healthier choice then fast food. And it’s a bakery!!! So you have to get dessert and dessert for the rest of the week.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Had the most lovely brunch today at Atwood’s bakery. It was my first time there and everyone was so welcoming. I had the Normandy French toast, it was delicious! I’ll definitely go back again.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

It’s not often I have the opportunity to visit an authentic local restaurant for breakfast..

Note: The breakfast menu is on the small side (less than a dozen meals).

I throughly enjoyed my food (croissant sandwich and grits) and coffee. The grits are good, but thick so don’t expect to be able to eat them all.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Read reviews about breakfast and bakery. Ordered omelette , grits and pancake. Omelette was great. Italian sausage had good flavor. Could’ve
Had more cheese. Cooked perfectly. Grits were creamy not as hot as they should be served but good. Pancake just soso. Not much flavor Served on a plate warm no butter. Sampled a petit four- delicious - coffee was excellent!!!