“Return to An Old Friend”

Les Folies Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Folies Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arris T Allen Blvd.
Transit: MTA bus stop
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Weekend dining experience with husband. Always a lovely evening at Les Folies. Food is consistently delicious and the atmosphere is cozy and romantic. Also fun to go with a group of friends. Our appetizers were the wonderful escargot and my husband had shrimp tempura. The shrimp was deliciouis as I was able to lift one from his
plate. The veal escalope was excellent and the accompanying haricot vests were perfectly cooked. My husbands beef tips special was delicious. They are always generous with the warm french bread. We did not order dessert, however if you go do try one of the wonderful and perfectly executed shuffles. Our only flaw was the friendly waitress that kept forgetting drinks and orders. She was not having a good night.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I don't know why I didn't think to write a review of my favorite restaurant in my hometown.

Les Folies is WONDERFUL. You can stop in for a bite, or you can go for your anniversary. Every meal there is special.

The food is delicious. If they have soft shell crabs on the menu, ORDER THEM. There is also a Dover Sole which is filleted at the table. It's a beautiful ceremony, and the taste of the fresh fish is sublime.

If you go regularly, you will notice that the staff has been employed for years. They make you feel like you are royalty. It is so rare to experience excellent service in this day and age. It still exists at Les Folies!

When our children were little, we told them that if they used their very best manners, they could come out for a special meal. They were welcomed at Les Folies. Now that they are teenagers, they want to go there for their birthdays and graduations.

There is also a small banquet patio. There are often celebrations going on in that room.

The restaurant is in an odd location. Don't let that fool you. Hospitality and fine cuisine are alive and well in Annapolis thanks to Les Folies! If you live in Baltimore or Washington, make the trip! It's right off the highway. You won't be disappointed!

Oh, and call to make a reservation...or use opentable!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We brought a newbie with us on our visit and she absolutely loved everything about Les Folies. From the second we sat down to the time we left, it was, and always is, a first-class experience.

We started with two dozen oysters and finished with souffle. In between, we enjoyed the excellent cream of mushroom soup, salads, the roast pheasant special, cod, grilled bronzino and the seafood linguine. Even the owner, Alain, remarked to us about the clean plates that went back to the kitchen.

No matter what you choose from the menu, you can be assured that everything will be prepared and presented with flair. This is one of our favorite restaurants and it never disappoints.

Paulina was our server and she took care of us with top-notch service. All of the servers there are able to do their job well without you knowing they are doing it. They are all very skilled and highly professional.

Another great experience and am looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I wanted to like this so much more than we did. I ordered the crab cakes in lobster sauce, and while it tasted good, there were over 5 pieces of crab shell that I had to pull out of my mouth. The sauce was good and the vegetables were perfectly cooked.

A group of us ordered the soufflés : my friend ordered the chocolate, I also ordered the chocolate, my husband ordered the raspberry, and a friend ordered the grand mariner. At the end the waiter (who seemed impatient the entire time) handed out the soufflés and insisted that I ordered the grand mariner instead of chocolate. Everyone at the table said otherwise. He argued with us. 4 times we told him no. He didn't offer anything as a replacement (since the soufflé took 45min, obviously I couldn't have a different one). He just left it at the table! He didn't even remove it from the bill.

So overall the food tasted fine. Not wonderful, not great, but good. The service? It could've been so much better. There was only one other table occupied at the time. One. Why the impatience? And to argue with me about my order?? We won't be coming back.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This was my second visit and it won't be the last. The service was super and the food preperation is astounding.