“Great Date Spot!”

49 West Coffeehouse, Winebar & Gallery
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We came on a Sunday afternoon and it was busy. The place was understaffed, but our waitress was as friendly and attentive as she could be. The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the seared tuna.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I bought a Groupon to this place a while back and decided to use it before it expired ($25 for $50) on drinks after dinner (DATE NIGHT WITH THE WIFE!!!)...

When I first walked in I wasn't sure what to expect. It looks like a typical coffeehouse that has live music in the evening. Dimly light, art on the walls etc.

My wife ordered a martini and the Key Lime Pie and I ordered a few Maker's Marks and the carrot cake. We were both very happy with our drinks and desserts.

The waitress was great. Very polite... Fast Service. All of the things that make a great waitress.

We'll definitely go back at some point.

1  Thank Ne0phyteTraveler
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The day...my birthday. The mood....determined. I had an unwavering desire for decadent dessert and wine to match. Having heard positive things about the selection of desserts at 49 West and learning of its ambiance through a few nose against glass moments in the past, we decided to give it a try.

I loved it from the moment I walked in. It absolutely feels like a warm and cozy cafe you'd find tucked away off a side street in Europe somewhere and having lived there for awhile (across the pond, that is)...it is something I miss greatly and don't find often. Dim overhead lighting, candles, friendly staff (they said had they known it was my birthday before they brought out the dessert, they would have put a candle in my Tiramisu. *sigh* charming:). Oh and it was love at first bite....the dessert is amazing and the wine didn't disappoint either.

The prices are very reasonable and though I can't speak for any other time of day....it certainly wasn't overly crowded for a random Tuesday night.

Good vibe, people, food and drink...49 West is a gem. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

You will see everyone here from the Speaker of the MD House during legislative session to young local hipsters on a Friday night and young local families for Sunday brunch. One of my favorites in Annapolis. You always feel welcome at 49 West. Good meals breakfast, lunch and dinner. Probably one of the few places I would go alone to eat and feel perfectly comfortable for any meal. It ain't fancy but it always feels like "home".

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Great local merchant. Great coffee and atmosphere, if you are traveling through the are you must stop in for a little local flavor,