“Fruit Flies in March”

49 West Coffeehouse, Winebar & Gallery
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Went to 49 West for dinner before attending a show at Ram's Head. We were advised to sit anywhere we wanted but there were only a few seats left. The first table we sat at, had numerous fruit flies on the pictures on the walls and buzzing around our faces. The waittress said she thinks they came in with a shipment of fruit. We moved to the next table near the rear door, although colder, seemed less flies. We ordered a bottle of Pinoir Rascal ($30) which was good but not sure it was $30 good. We covered our wine glasses with napkins so the flies wouldn't go in our wine. We each had the ham & pasta soup, came one size only - bowl. It was just ok, $6.50 each. I had the Crab Salad $12.25 which was very good and had a good share of crabmeat on top of the salad. My husband had the Shrimp Skewers $11.95 which were good and also came on top of a salad. They had a man playing music in the front of the restaurant which made for good background music from where we were sitting but it would have been too loud if we had to sit closer to him. Will return, overall enjoy going here.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Enjoyed a delicious and friendly meal on the back patio. It was recommended by our hotel and glad we stopped in there. Cute ambiance. Great coffee. Good Service.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I bought a Groupon deal pay $30, get $60 towards dinner. My mother in law was in town visiting and we planned to take her on the sailboat in Annapolis. I called 49 West and asked them if I could use the Groupon for lunch instead of dinner based on the timeframe we would be in the area. The man on the phone stated as long as we purchased $60 not including tax we were welcome to use the Groupon anytime we wished. The three of us arrived around 1:20p on a Friday afternoon. We were greeted immediately and advised to sit wherever we wished. We sat at a table by the window so we could see all the happenings going on outside. Our waittress came over and we suggested she get some paper to write on because we had a lot of ordering to do. The prices were so reasonable, we knew we had to order a lot to spend $60 and there was a good chance we would be taking food home. Here is what we purchased, total $60.30 just the right price, quite a bit of food. Shrimp Skewers (two skewers on a salad bed with a spicy sauce on the side), Smoked Salmon Tacos (two), Artichoke / Spinach Dip (came with lots of bread, carrots and celery), BLT Salad (was large), Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche (average size too much cheese, came with one side (choice Caesar salad, pototo salad, fruit). We ate and ate and still ended up taking some home. The food was delicious especially the dip (awesome). We ended up ordering a couple glasses of wine to wash it all down ($17 total two glasses good size pours). Friendly, attentive staff, we arrived at 1:20p and left at 2:30p. They also have outdoor seating, we chose to eat inside. The menu has a large variety and the prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return here. There website states they have live music as well, what more can you ask for.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We came on a Sunday afternoon and it was busy. The place was understaffed, but our waitress was as friendly and attentive as she could be. The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the seared tuna.