“Best Local Bar for Young Folk”
Review of Acme Bar and Grill

Acme Bar and Grill
Ranked #78 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is the bar where the twenty-somethings (even thirties) hang out. It used to be the town's pool hall and features copper tin ceilings and fine wood work.

This place rocks every night and is a fun place for young and old alike. They have bands on the weekends and the place is usually packed with locals on the prowl.

They serve lunch and dinner. The salads are the best item on the menu, along with a wide assortment of wings and cheese steaks.

On weekends, you will find the locals watching football and having a good time.

The vibe is super friendly and a bit loud and frenetic. They blast the latest music at volume 8. If noise and party palace excitement isn't your thing, they have a few outdoor tables for some excellent people watching.

They feature a wide selection of beers and mixed drinks and they encourage you to come and hang out.

The Hillman parking garage is right behind the place which is located half-way up Main street on the left.

For more travel tips, please check out my popular travel blog

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for someplace to go for lunch. We ended up finding a parking spot on Main Street, and on a spur of the moment, decided on Acme Bar and Grill. There were only a couple of patrons inside, so it wasn't hard to find a place to sit. We were waited on pretty quickly, even though the girl waiting on us seemed to be the only person waiting tables and tending bar. For appetizers we had calamari and the Cajun wings. The calamari was fresh, not the cheap frozen stuff. A lot of places can't get the frozen stuff right, more less the fresh, but they got it right. It was tender and delicious. The wing sauce was just spicy enough to know it was a hot sauce, but had enough flavor in it that you knew it wasn't just hot for the sake of being hot. It was exactly what I want in a wing sauce. After our appetizers came out the volume of people picked up, but our waitress never neglected us, even though as I said, she seemed to be the only person waiting tables and tending bar. Our entrées took longer to come out. Not because of the waitress, but the kitchen was taking a while for some reason. I had the Ahi Tuna Tacos and my husband had a soft crab sandwich. The description for the Ahi Tuna Tacos said cucumber and avocado, I don't know why, but I expected it to be small chunks, it had slices of each on the tacos. I really don't like avocados, so it actually made it easy to remove the nasty things. I wish the Tuna was a bit more on the rare side, but otherwise they were good. My husband said the soft crab sandwich tasted like every soft crab sandwich he's ever had. So, nothing remarkable, but not bad either. The prices weren't over the top either. Overall I'm happy with the restaurant. I would have given them a 5 if they wouldn't have worked that poor girl as hard as they did.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is the typical bar food pub. It'll provide good food and good drinks. This pub does tend to get rowdy so go early. It's a good place to get a quick drink. Dress is casual and sometimes you'll see the occasional politician.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is a great bar with a good selection of beers and reasonable food. It draws people of a certain age, which is why you should expect to be carded at the door.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Stopped in for drinks and appetizer. Bartender was friendly and the service was great, as was the Buffalo Chicken Dip (good flavor, good size, not too hot). Liked that the layout was such that you did not feel crowded.