1,300 results
All reviews governor calvert house treaty of paris valet parking robert johnson state circle glass floor three properties naval academy window unit main street valet service within walking distance capitol building modern conveniences perfect location can't beat the location wedding reception
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I was in Annapolis for a conference which was held at the Maryland Inn (where I lodged), the Calvert house, and Robert Johnson House.

The location and atmosphere are so delightful and charming--that's worth a lot! It is so convenient for visiting all the sites in Annapolis--which are pretty close together anyway.

This is a group of three lodging places with check-in at the Calvert.

I checked in contemporarily with another person, a lady, staying at the Maryland Inn.

We were offered a ride to the MI and were told it was just a short walk. So we decided to walk and enjoy the air.

When you're loaded with all your belongings for three days, it was NOT a short walk--if you stay, absolutely take their offer of transport to the Johnson House or MI.

Annapolis is such a delightful place! But this is a review of the hotel!

I always try to stay at historic hotels to support preservation. And often, some minor things occur at an old place that don't happen at slick modern places.

The MH building may be 18th century, but its entire insides are Victorian. The MI is comfortably furnished in the lobbies and public spaces. The elevator was fine--but the carpet up to the edges was dusty and needed cleaning. Everything else I saw was as clean as one would want and expect.

I found that my room was going to be on the street side and on the second floor. the street outside is very busy--with a brick surface which rumbles with every vehicle passing and a stop light! I worried about the noise!

However, when I arrived in my very small (but quite adequate) room, I found that the noise from the in-room air conditioner easily drowned out the outside noise. I'm not so sure about the noise level without the AC running.

The room was lovely--the bathroom was minimally adequate for one person--large shower and nice thick linens in the bath.

The conference arrangements at the hotel appeared to me to be excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you Yorkriver for the excellent review and letting everyone know the arrangements were perfect. We hope you and you group come back for your next meetings.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

On our first stay in March there was a mix-up with our bags but front desk manager Kevin went over and above to rectify it by offering a free night at the inn. We used the free night recently and had a wonderful experience. They didn't have a comparable room available so they upgraded us to a suite and it was amazing. We felt like royalty! This is what true customer service is and I would recommend the Inn to anyone. Thanks to Kevin and the staff!

Room tip: Both the Maryland Inn and the Robert Johnson house were centrally located and convenient to restaurants and Main Street.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much Cancrew77 for the amazing review, it's greatly appreciated. We love to hear guest rave about the hotel and staff, see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We enjoyed staying at the historic inn in Annapolis, the location and staff were wonderful. The location on the roundabout square was perfect. Our room was clean as well as the other areas of the building. It was a bit of a walk to the restaurant, treaty of Paris, and the breakfast there not the best, however. Parking was a little pricey, too. But, overall we loved the location and atmosphere. Our room faced the indoor greenhouse area, so we had no natural light, very dark room. Had to use lights entire time.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a window facing outdoors.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks Sherry B for the staying with us, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful staff. We hope to see you back again soon and we will be sure to get you and exterior room with better lighting.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I am staying at the Calvert House and was planning on being here for 4 days. I came back to my room and it is has not been cleaned. Went to the front desk and they say the room will not be cleaned until as late as 5. This is RIDICULOUS.

I wish there was another placeI could stay.

This is the PITS.

Room tip: Don't stay here unless you want your room to never be cleaned. Like ever.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

VA Traveller, we did have your room cleaned by 3pm each day and we know you ended up having a great stay!

Regards,
Daryl

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Loved staying at the Maryland Inn in downtown Annapolis! Close walk to everything and beautiful accommodations! There was even a Starbucks in the coffee shop below the Hotel! Comfortable beds and great service.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thanks Kerry for spending you memorial day family reunion with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, come see us again soon.