“Consistent”

and up
Go Boston Card
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Agawam
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest family theme park in New England features eight thrilling megacoasters and Hurricane Harbor, a water park with nine tube slides and a 500,000-gallon wave pool.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I/we have been to six flags in both New Jersey and Massachusetts numerous times. This review covers the last weekend of September 2017. We arrived at 12:15 just after opening. No lines to get in and no lines for our first ride... GOLIATH. What a wake up call! We rode 7 different rides and some of them more than once in the 3 hours we were there topping it off with the JOKER which was no joke. I thought I would hate that ride but ended uo loving it. We only had a line for SUPERMAN and that was only a 30 minute wait... My body is bruised and my head hurts. GREAT DAY

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Six Flags has transformed into unique Halloween adventure. Most of the rides and restaurants are open and the atmosphere during the day is family friendly.
We enjoyed the shows and cooler weather. This was our first time visiting Six Flags in October and we were glad we did.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Six flags is six flags. There isn't many hidden secrets or things that I can share, but I had to write this review because I went in April and it was the best time! I went with friends over April break. The longest we had to wait was about 40 minutes for Goliath. We got on Superman four times, and walked on Batman twice. The weather was awesome too; way better than the summer heat. Go in the spring!!!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I recently visited Six Flags New England for the very first time. I was very excited about the trip, but was pretty disappointed about half way through the day, and was ready to leave.

So let's start with the positives:

1.) It was very easy to find. We were staying in Windsor Locks, CT, and my GPS took me on a back route so that I wouldn't have to get stuck in highway traffic since the Big E was also taking place over that time frame. It was about a 15 minute drive which was great.

2.) For the most part most of the lines went very quickly. Granted it wasn't really busy the day we went. But it was nice that we really didn't have to wait a whole lot. I'm sure the lines are probably a lot longer mid-Summer.

3.) We watched a lip-syncing contest which was pretty entertaining.

And now for the disappointing parts:

1.) If you are over a size 16/18 (in women's), you won't fit on the majority of the rides. About half of the rides I tried to get on I was asked to get off and told that I couldn't ride because of my size. I realize I'm not a small person, but I'm not overly huge either (I'm pretty tall and have a large bone structure), and I've NEVER been banned from a ride at any amusement park due to my size. I was with my sister who is a size 18, and though she was able to at least get the seat belts to buckle, she was still really uncomfortable on most of the rides.

2.) The staff was rude and generally acted like this was the last place they wanted to be. I probably would have brushed it off if it was just 1 or 2 of them, but it was nearly every employee we encountered. Many of them snapped and were rude when you tried to ask them questions. I realize it's the end of summer and most looked like they were high school or college kids, but honestly if you can't offer decent customer service at a family amusement park, then you probably shouldn't be working there. We were also trying to find out information about the refillable soda cup. The first guy we talked to couldn't give us any information (even though he sold them right there). The second guy at least gave us some information, but was so confusing in his explanation (as there are different cups for different things), and when we tried to clarify he snapped back as if we were wasting his time. We ended up asking two other people throughout the day and all of them gave different information on the pricing and details. We also stopped at one of the windows to get a pretzel at one point. There was a woman helping a customer right in front of me and the pretzel machine was standing right next to her. She looks at us and rudely states how we can't be in that line and we have to go to the line at the other end of the building (which didn't have a pretzel machine). The other line had a different menu listed so we had no idea we had to be in that line for both menus as there was no sign saying anything. There was no explanation why or anything she pretty much just told us to go there.

3.) There were huge swarms of bees all over the amusement park. While I understand it's summer and it's hot out, I thought that the problem should have been a little more under control. Especially for those that did get the refillable cup, many of the refillable stations had an abundance of bees just hanging out by the soda dispensers. Was pretty eerie to see.

4.) The park really Nickel and Dimes you. Parking was $25, which just seemed a bit much for this type of park. The food was also way overpriced for what it was. I realize that Amusement Parks generally overcharge anyways, but I got cheaper, a wider variety, and better tasting food at Disney last year. And it was mostly just chicken fingers and french fries that we found. Some places did have cheeseburgers, and after we ate we actually found a BBQ place in one of the sections of the park. I think we saw one place that had a salad and offered pizza, but that was pretty much it for food that we found.

5.) The bathrooms were very old and very gross. Most of them were outdated, and definitely needed a deep cleaning. Most only had one soap dispenser when there were 4 or 5 sinks, and in a few of the restrooms it was located OVER the paper towel dispenser, so if you are on the shorter side (eg. kids) you can't reach it. Plus you have to move through a pile of people just to get there, and then to get back to an open sink. Definitely was not a convenient location for such a necessity.

6.) There were no shows of any kind. We saw a lip sync battle take place out in the street which was pretty good, but most amusement parks have some sort of show (magic, music, animal, water, diving, etc) for guests to watch at different points throughout the day. They didn't have any sort of stadium or seating area for this type of event.

I was pretty bored by 2pm, but we ended up staying until about 6pm. We did decide that we wouldn't be eating dinner in the park though. Instead, we found this delicious restaurant about 3 miles away from the park called Kaptain Jimmy's Restaurant and Distillery. They had quite an extensive menu for adults and kids, and they make their own rum and vodka on site, which was really nice. I would highly recommend if you want a more filling and better tasting meal that is close to the park.

Overall I wasn't impressed with Six Flags New England and likely won't be returning.

1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I was surprised by the amount of things our 8 and 10 year old could do here. I always thought of it as only for big thrills, but we had such a great day we bought season passes for next year.