“Friendly and good food”

Ning Ye Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Ada
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

The owners were friendly and I would eat here again. Tried the egg rolls, chicken fried rice and beef fried rice. Yummy!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Best Chinese/Korean food around. Tom and Donna work really hard and are incredibly friendly.

Great for take-out. It's a small strip mall restaurant run by the family so don't expect elegance. The food is always good and they will adjust the heat level as you like.

Reviewed 21 September 2014

As we all know, the flavors and presentation of Chinese food can vary from restaurant to restaurant.
If you enjoyed the old "Yen Ching" restaurants in the Grand Rapids area ( as I did ) you will love Ning Ye. A little out of the way in Ada, but worth the drive.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

The Sun family works very hard to offer their home of Forest Hills a great dinning or take our option. They offer friendly flexible service and a great variety of options very close to home. You could travel a long way an NOT get as good of FOOD/SERVICE. They always do a great job. If you have not tried their food you will NOT be disappointed.

I am ordering another take out dinner tonight that I know will be good. My Wife is just not up to cooking and the kids all can get something they like.

1  Thank TOOBUSY49301
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Dined at Ning Ye out of curiousity due to all the hoopla and also as recommended by an acquaintance. We tried a Korean Bee Bim Pop and a Chinese noodle dish. It was fine overall... but having dined in other Korean and Chinese places, my expectations were not met. I was a bit surprised how fast the food came. This indicated to me that much were pre-prepared.

I will say though that the host (Tom) was very welcoming and friendly.

In case you visit Ann Arbor, check out University Cafe on S Church for excellent Korean cuisine. TK Wu is also a good one for Chinese on E Liberty.

I guess I would consider their cuisine acceptable for a restaurant in a small village. For the dinner prices however, I may opt for Yen Ching next time.

2  Thank frogtog2