“Fun and delicious”

Mama JoJo's Breakfast Joint
Ranked #34 of 377 Restaurants in Antigua
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Situated in the heart of Antigua, start your day on the right foot with some delicious food, fresh coffee, juices, smoothies, handmade treats and so much more. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with a menu design to suit all tastes. We also offer vegans, veggies, and gluten-free options. From the ambiance to service, to your meal, no detail will go unattended. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I was expecting some old grandmotherly type to be at the head of this place but boy was I wrong. It is run by a cute, super funny, and super savvy young JoJo. We ordered the breakfast burrito whic is made with Randy's sausage with spicy potatoes on the side. Was it delicious! We went back 2 more times and tried the BLT. So cleverly thought out with pesto and a wonderful baguette. When we were walking back to our hotel I said how great it would be if we started out every day with a great breakfast and a belly full of laughs. Go visit and start your day off right!

There are newer reviews for Mama JoJo's Breakfast Joint

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We can't stop eating here!!! Perfect breakfast with quality ingredients. There is more repeat customers here than I have ever seen. But now I know why. Fantastic!!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

So me and a buddy went to Mama Jojo's for breakfast yesterday, and WOW!
This little French Canadian knows her stuff. I was truly surprised how good it was. I don't have high expectations about breakfast in Guatemala because frankly how many ways can you serve beans and plantains?
BUT this place did not disappoint and it did surprise.
I had the BLT and it was a mouth-gasm. Absolutely lip smacking I almost ordered 2 delicious. My buddy had a 3 egg omelette and it looked marvelous.
The only small drawback is the place is small so when some hungover Brits-or Aussies (who knows?) come in and start yelling at each other it ends all conversation.

GREAT and I do mean GREAT food.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Delicious build your own breakfast menu with delicious local artesanal sausages and ingredients by Joelle. Can easily be the cure for the hangover with cold beer options to go with the breakfast burrito, or the beginning of another day of indulgence. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

JoJo, a French Canadian, has created a little piece of heaven in Antigua. I have tried her Burritos, Omelette and the BLT. She also has a build your own breakfast so you can eat as little or a much as you want.

If you go for one of the standard breakfast items prepare to be served a nice big portion that will keep you going for the day, along with free refills of coffee and banter.

The place is small but each of the three times I visited, there was always a great buzz going and JoJo is a fountain of local knowledge and a kind hearted and generous person with that. She gave a homeless person food one day and a customer spoke about her rescuing a street dog the previous week.

All of the condiments are made in house and she even whipped up a fresh mayo for a customer who asked for some.

Prepare to be well fed and entertained when you visit. It is not the cheapest place to breakfast in Antigua (generally 40Q/45Q) but it is one of the best value joints and definitely the tastiest.