Porta Hotel Antigua
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsunderground tunnelcaravan tourkids clublarge poolbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelthe main hotelceiling fantamalesbeautiful groundshigh ceilingsworking fireplacelarge hotelfiltered waterfew blockswould highly recommend this hoteltwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

nice place. good food and beverages. grounds and pool in good shape. staff was very good. professional, real nice.
room was ok, comfortable and clean. whatever you need, just ask and they will take care of it. good place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Fernando X, Gerente at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Alpinegolfer,

Thank you so very much for sharing your review with the traveller community on Trip Advisor! We are so glad you've done so, it so pleasant to know how great your experience was. Hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the this hotel for 4 nights. It is clean, pretty and reasonably priced. WiFi is great. There is some road noise but it is modest. It is near the city center but not on a main noisy street. If quiet is important ask for a quiet room. There are 3 complexes or buildings. We stayed in the main one with the pool. I would book again with them.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Fernando X, Gerente at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Dennisondik,
Thank you so much for sharing such great experience with the traveler community on Trip Advisor. We hope to be at you service again very soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

First of all, the hotel is lovely. beautiful architecture, gorgeous pool and grounds perfectly maintained. The staff is as helpful and nice as they could be...a pleasure to be welcomed by them.

I arrived and was checked into room 105. This was very loud and I recommend not taking this room. I was then shown to room 501. which is in the building next door. it was very nice. High ceilings, fireplace, a beautiful room and very quiet. I stayed for five days and had a great time.

In my opinion, the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel is how they handle the problems. In addition to the room problem, I had a minor problem with the shower.

Not only did the staff apologize, but the problem, like the room was taken care of immediately and happily. both the managers Gisele and Percy took care of it, they also followed up. Their attention to detail was meticulous.When they saw me around the hotel they always said hello and asked if everything was ok and if they could do anything. that is the way the staff is. it is not a formal and automatic "hello", the staff at the Porta genuinely cares about its guests and it shows in everything they do. From the food and beverage staff including Edy, the gentleman who drove me to a friends hotel you become family. I look forward to visiting again.

THIS IS A MUST! The first day I arrived I wanted to see the city. I booked a tour with Maria Delores who books tours from the lobby. She, herself guides a three hour walking tour that was truly amazing. Whatever you do in Antigua, take it. You really can't appreciate Antigua with out it. Best thing I did and she is the nicest person you will mee. Her knowledge is amazing.

Finally, I have to acknowledge,Fernando X, Gerente, the General Manager. He is not just a good general manager, he is a great general manager. He introduced himself to me and we had a lovely chat. He is proud of his staff; many of whom have been there 5 or ten years, and they obviously respect him greatly...

In short, I hotel is lovely and the staff exceptional!

Room Tip: room 501 was great, 105 was loud
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Vicki R
Fernando X, Gerente at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Mrs. Rosenfield,
Thank you so much for leaving such great review!
I'm personally very glad that you've shared your experience with the traveller community on Trip Advisor. Such glowing comments are always welcome, you contribute to motivate our staff that is always smiling and happy to assist our guests in every single request or issue they report, we'll always find a solution that meets our guests' expectations.
Guisella, Percy, Maria Dolores, Edy, Myself and all the staff in Porta will always be very pleased to be your hosts again when you happen to visit us again in a near future.
Have a wonderful day!
Warm wishes,

Reviewed 4 November 2017

The Swedish Massage was better than any I've ever received before (and that means out of hundreds of massages I had in my life).

Although it didn't come officially with a facial, my face radiated with youth and a smooth glow afterward. I felt and looked half my (current more than middle) age.
The whole body massage was supported by the therapist's artful knowledge of placing rolled towels to rebalance the body as well as keeping all body parts covered and warmed that weren't currently massaged.

My feet easily become too cold and feeling them covered with a warm moist towel was so very delightful!!!

The heated towel over the face and following warm oil massage was entirely relaxing.

The massage room was darkish only illuminated by a candle. Aromatherapeutic fragrances floated in the air and the gentle burbling of the water fountain outside carried away all tensions and worries.

After the massage we were led to ergonomically shaped recliners and served a tea of our selection with 2 small leaves of dark chocolate spiced with a hint of clove.

I asked my massage therapist where she had learned this artful placing of towels and she said that the hotel management engages a teacher who teaches it to every massage therapist who works in the spa.
Wow, this is a wonderful ingredient of corporate identity.

The staff in the spa is most welcoming and friendly and the ambience carries you gently and holistically and thus encourages total relaxation.
I so want to go back or have this luxury where I live. I still feel beautiful and just great!

Room Tip: If you are a friend of minimalistic modern trends then ask for a newly remodeled room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Fernando X, Gerente at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Ulrike R,
Thank you so much for sharing such glowing review about our Spa services... Our team feels motivated when reading comments like yours, we are so glad that you've enjoyed so much relaxing with us.
We hope you come back soon!
Cordially,

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Great Service, Hospitality. Clean, well situated. Delicious and abundant meals. Not noisy. SPA great.
People are very friendly and willing to help you in whatever they can .
I loved the Hotel and I will go back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ilevenboda
Fernando X, Gerente at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear ilevenboda,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We are so glad you've enjoyed your stay so much. We hope that you come back soon!