Chez Daniel(Antigua)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Posada de la Luna(Antigua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$64
La Villa Serena(Antigua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$56
The Doozy Koala(Antigua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$176
US$161
Hotel Cirilo(Antigua)
1,632 results
All reviewschocolate factoryhotel museumbeautiful hotelstar hotelgrounds are amazinghotel guestssmall balconybreakfast buffet isevery cornermagical placebottled watercentral americaguatemala cityan oasisvisiting antiguafew blocksmonastery
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Outstanding service and facilities. Charming people dedicated to your comfort in a beautiful atmosphere among the most beautiful colonial city in America.

All food was delicate with extraordinary high cuisine flavors combined with local traditional recipes.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank gonzalo
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good afternoon Mr. Gonzalo:

We thank you for such a beautiful comment. We are happy to know your stay in Casa Santo Domingo had been comfortable. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My stay at Casa Santa Domingo was phenominal. I stayed for a couple of nights just after the Fuago volcano eruption, and although it was a very tragic occurrence, there were a lot of beautiful take aways from the trip.

The Hotel far exceeded my expectations, and the museum attached provided a lot of cultural background. The pool was perfect for cooling off after walking around and exploring the city. And the hotels attention to detail was impeccable. Every day I arrived back to the ground and my room, I noticed some other little detail of design or culture which added to my experience. The preservation done to the facility are breathtaking, recreating some of the older ruins with iron frame work and vegetation to give the original special quality of the hotel.

And although the news is advertising differently, Antigua, along with the rest of Guatemala is doing perfectly well. The only place the eruption really did any damage was at the base of the volcano. The lives lost in this natural disaster were very unfortunate, but because I arrived after the incident, I got the pleasure to witness all of Antigua working together to provide aid. Fire fighters were volunteering their time to collect donations for the survivors. In Central Park, Antiguans we’re coming together and donating clothing, food, water, and anything they could afford to provide aid to their fellow Guatemalans in need.

I know that the media has been painting a bad picture of the natural disaster, but please do not let this scare you away from this beautiful city and country. The rest of Guatemala is doing very well, with little to no effect from the eruption. And in order to provide further aid to those in need, Guatemala needs its tourism now more than ever.

There are a lot of small, local businesses who are scared to not be able to provide for their families because tourism has dropped from the way the media has reported on this disaster. This is my second time in Antigua and I cannot wait to travel here again. It is a beautiful city with an extremely rich culture just waiting to be explored. Please take my recommendation and visit this gem!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sean H
GerardoGarcia2017, Director de Recepción at Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good afternoon Mr. Sean H:

We really thank you for such a beautiful and detailed review. You make us feel proud of having the opportunity of serving our guests and visitors making them feel comfortable and happy. If you visit Casa Santo Domingo again, I will be more than glad to serve you.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was in Antigua during the volcanic eruption of mount Fuego on the 3rd of June 2018. A lot of people seem to think that all of Guatemala has been affected, but these people don't seem to understand geography. Antigua is actually much further from the affected area, and on the day of there was only ash. While the eruption was tragic, as all natural disasters can be, Antigua was totally safe. My stay was amazing and it was only improved by staying in Hotel Casa Santo Domingo. The hotel is built within the ruins of an old monastery of the Dominican order from the colonial period. It has a built in museum, spa, restaurant, bar, art gallery and amazing gardens and grounds. All of which were cleaned of the fallen ash within the next morning. As a side note it was amazing to see how the city came together to clean and help out after the eruption. I felt completely safe and very touched by the communities´ immediate response to the disaster. If you want to help Guatemala, don´t buy into the news that only exaggerates the extent of the devastation, go visit Antigua, and if you can be sure to stay, or at least visit, Santo Domingo. No other establishment best reflects Antigua´s rich heritage and welcoming demeanor than this beautiful place!

Room Tip: We were in room 201 and it was gorgeous! The textiles they used were incredible!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oliver S

Good afternoon Mr. Oliver S:

We thank you for such a beautiful review and write about the situation of the city where everything was normal and as you said, Antigua is much further from the affected area. We were so happy to served you and if you visit Casa Santo Domingo again, we will be more than glad to serve you.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I must say that our stay at this gorgeous hotel was perfect in every way. The hotel seamlessly merges a 16th Century Monastery with a luxury hotel, no small feat. It is tasteful and stunning down to the last detail. Flowers and gardens are everywhere. In the evenings, the Hallways are illuminated by candlelight. It is magical and awe inspiring.

Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage site and this hotel is one of Antigua’s greatest attractions. It encompasses four museums and two art galleries. There is still active excavation going on and monks still walk the halls. I’ve never experienced anything like it. I cannot wait go return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Good afternoon Berkely_bum:

We really appreciate such an amazing comment. We are excited to know you have a lot of knowledge of our history. We really hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We visit periodicly during the year Antigua Guatemala, constantly we are in search of adventure, great food en Service.

Hotel Casa Santo Domingo and El Cerro hve always been a great experiance. All normal after the volcano eruption

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family