“Get the Bacon and Shrimp Tacos and a Michelada”
Review of Cactus

Cactus
Ranked #15 of 385 Restaurants in Antigua
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Vibrant mexican cuisine in the heart of Antigua, with a cozy ambiance and a cosmolpolitan crowd, good live music everyday and excellent service.Among our favorite dishes: shrimp and bacon burritos, fish tacos,caldo tlalpeno, cochinita pibil nachos and tempura shrimp tacos.Variety of beer, delicious Margaritas and the best Micheladas in town. Open every day.
Reviewed 17 January 2016

This is a VERY small place with crammed seating. It is LOUD, so if you are looking for a peaceful meal, this may not be the place. However, the shrimp and bacon tacos were some of the best tacos of any kind we have have ever had (and that is saying something) and the micheladas (kind of like a combination of beer and bloody mary mix) were a perfect complement. We will absolutely go back again and have no intention of ordering anything else!

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Came here for dinner (or should I say appetizer..?) based on the reviews and was very disappointed. I had a hard time choosing between 2 different types of fish tacos (the order includes 4 tacos) and the waiter quickly offered to split 2 and 2 among the 2 different fish types- one being spicy and the other is not. And then charged me an extra 10Q for doing so. I thought the tacos were already overpriced as it was- I would have just chosen one type of fish taco instead of absorbing the extra charge. I really hate surprise charges on my bill. Anyhoo- the 4 tacos came out with just a few chunks of fish and a small slice of avocado on a very small tortilla. Nothing else. Very measly for 45Q (plus that annoying 10Q surprise charge…). I had to go someplace else and actually get a whole dinner- for less than what I paid here. I'd say skip it.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

My best travel babe (and wife!) and I went here for dinner during one of our nights in Antigua, based on the reviews my fellow trippers wrote. The guacamole appetizer was just average (I make better) and the shrimp and bacon burrito was also just o.k., nothing outstanding. The worst part is that they had a DJ chick there who felt that she needed to blast her god awful music at a decibel level that's probably louder than a plane taking off, and of course she started right after we placed our order and got our beers. It's a very small place, so the additional noise really reverberated in the place. It wasn't fun trying to have a conversation where every other word was "huh?" and "what?" So based on the combination of so-so food and inability to carry on a conversation, I'm being gracious when I give this place three dots.

Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

We ate here on a whim and really enjoyed it. The service was good and the food was excellent. The food peice was reasonable, not too expensive.

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Suoer delicious food that to me was very original. They sell shrimp and bacon tacos.... What? That's amazing!!! Besides that they have good burritos and other things on their menu. Greatly located on 6th Street, a short convenient walk from anywhere in town! Go enjoy some delicious food!!!