Palacio de Dona Leonor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aurora Hotel(Antigua)
View Hotel
All reviewsdon pedrotartinesrequested a quiet roomred eye flightantique furnituregarden courtyardtwo nightsmain plazahotel is lovelywithin easy walking distancewe've stayedlight sleeperlake atitlanboutique hotelcathedralleonardblock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Joseph and me came here for tea and coffee. We found ourselves entering into a world far different from the street outside. This delightful and elegant building offers a superb experience of quality of service and a great menu. The garden is delightful and the waiter was very happy to please. My tea was excellent and the cake was of such high quality it reminded me of dining at The Dorchester in London. Joseph was not that keen on his coffee but thoroughly enjoyed his cheesecake.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 20 November 2017

As soon as we walked in to this beautiful place set around a leafy courtyard in the amazing town of Antigua Guatemala, my wife said "I want to buy this place!". (Sadly, there was just one snag ......) The bedrooms are set on the first floor around the balcony decorated with ancient carved figures and sofas. Our room was enormous, furnished with antiques, with a massive stone fireplace and an extraordinary bathroom. The bar of the hotel is decorated in dramatic style with spectacular chandeliers and antique furniture. The service was charming and impeccable.
The location of this hotel, a few minutes from all the charming features of Antigua, is superb.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman D
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Certainly one of the most beautiful hotels I think I have been to with a wonderful old-world charm to it! Unfortunately I had requested a quiet room as we just arrived from a red-eye flight and I was provided with a room facing the road - which happen to also be above the bar/dining area (Don Juan room). There was a lot of noise (loud music) coming from downstairs in the evening, and when I requested for them to turn down the volume they said 'ok' but nothing changed - so this was rather disappointing given the price & that its a 5 star hotel. In the early morning we were then also woken up by passing traffic and noise coming from reception from the courtyard from people talking loudly (sound travels quite a bit within the courtyard). So not the tranquil experience we were looking for unfortunately...

Overall a very beautiful hotel to stay at when in Antigua, however I would recommend a room on the opposite end of the hotel (away from the street and reception), and if you are a light sleep I would not recommend the Don Juan room and to bring ear plugs in case.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, do yourself a favor and insist on a room away from the street and reception area!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

From start to finish this hotel has been magnificent. The ambiance and the look as you enter is so alluring. The staff are courteous and friendly. The hotel is centrally located close to the main square in Antiqua, so you do not need to drive. I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank ILO111
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Palacio de Dona Leonor scores top marks for location, customer service, cleanliness, ambience & restaurant food. It is a converted Spanish Colonial house with a garden courtyard. Reception area, restaurant & rooms were very attractive & whilst some parts of my room were clearly renovated the newer décor fitted in very well with the hotel's period features. Room cleanliness was of very high standard.
The front door is closed around mid-evening & reception area was not staffed on a 24 hour basis however the doorman was always available, even when I had arranged some early morning (4am) tour departures.
The hotel itself is half a block from the central plaza area of Antigua, so most of the town's main attractions are within easy walking distance.
The quality of food in the restaurant was very high, a genuine fine dining experience although most nights I was the only patron.
Negatives? rooms & food at Palacio de Dona Leonor aren't for the budget conscious, & whilst there was Wifi availability there was no terminal with Internet access available for guests travelling without a personal device.
I have stayed at over 150 hotels, Palacio de Dona Leonor is definitely within my top 3.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo