Art Hotel
US$163
US$156
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

Cornaro Hotel(Split)
US$345
Hotel Luxe(Split)
US$298
US$257
US$205
US$215
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$266/night.

US$195
US$190
US$153
US$214
US$226
US$152
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslot of traffic noiseair condition was workingdecent showerrooms are spacious and cleanold towngreat hotelking size bedmain roadenjoyed my staymini barfour nightsminute walkbalconycroatiajokerharbourantonia
Reviewed 21 December 2014

In general this is not such a bad hotel, and I would do wrong to its staff with my rating, because staff is excellent, and so is breakfast with everything to choose from; rooms are spacious, elevators quite modern, all is impeccably clean. All of these deserve a rating 5. The hotel is situated some 10 minutes easy walk to the old town, but it is also sufficiently close to good roads that are not congested, which means easier arrival and departure on four wheels. It is quite newly refurbished, so no complaints on its looks. Here I should mention that TV sets need an urgent replacement for newer models (image is quite low quality, with white noise at times...).
However, there are two terrible issues that I cannot forgive a hotel. If staying in hotel, two important things are getting rest and feeling secure. Well, had I been among the lucky ones who got a room facing courtyard, I might have not been so negative. But having been given a street room, which make the majority of hotel rooms, this was impossible, since the street is just a few yards from windows and has heavy traffic, non-stop. Windows are the usual plastic ones, and I had no feeling that they provided any upgraded sound protection (as one nearby hotel does, equally located on the same street - no problem with noise there!). And last but not least, bathrooms have mirror-flat flooring, and I managed to fall in the bathroom having slipped over a small pool of water dropped after leaving tub. Luckily nothing happened, and I managed to fall rather well, without hitting anything. A hotel that provides no noise protection and has no security in mind in bathrooms actually has no respect for its guests.
Again, excellent staff, including the cleaning department.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank happybypleasure
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Nice hotel but not in centre of town and a good walk to waterfront. Room very spacious and clean with a balcony. Nice breakfast, friendly staff. When asked for ironing board and iron, the iron didn't work because cord was almost worn through and one of the ironing board legs were missing!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NathNZ
Reviewed 15 October 2014

We planned to explore Dalmatia and make Split our base for 7nights and in doing so we chose this hotel . I have no idea why this place is so under rated on Tripadvisor but definitely this hotel deserves a better rank .The hotel is very good value for money ,served good breakfasts and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful . Room cleaning was excellent even for a fussy person like myself. We got Room 301 on the top floor with the ac, balcony and everything that one expects from a 4 star hotel.A lot of English channels are available and will keep the kids entertained. It is 2km away from the City Center in a good locality with banks, supermarkets and cafes nearby . You can take the bus as well to the city centre . Personally I didnt like the city center hotels as the buildings there are pretty old and a bit run down and I prefer the comforts of a modern hotel . I think its better to explore the city center the entire day and chill back in a modern hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the large rooms on the 3rd floor with the balcony
1  Thank SBasuSaha
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Due to the short notice of my stay in Split I was limited to the choice of hotels I had.

I read numerous reviews of hotels and this one seemed to be the least contentious. The biggest pro seemed to be the size of the rooms a the biggest con seemed to be the route march to the city centre.

I made direct contact with the hotel and gave them my preferred requirements - not near the lifts (elevators), stairs, non-smoking and on a high floor away from the traffic noise. They said they couldn't guarantee anything but would try, fair comment. They came up trumps, top floor, far end of the corridor at the rear and non-smoking.

I used the hotel shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Not cheap but very efficient and far better than a local bus.

The hotel is everything they say it is. The bed was big and comfy. The balcony was huge. The bathroom was clean but my only crib about it was the pump action soaps, they aren't of a decent quality. Tea and coffee making facilities are supplied which I used with no complaint although I had to plug the kettle in on the bedside table as the sockets provided in the vicinity of the tea and coffee are taken by the TV and Cable TV. I never watched much TV but what I saw was in English with Croatian sub-titles, no problem.

Breakfast was of the buffet style. It was constantly kept refreshed. If something was empty and not spotted by the staff then a quiet word and they went and got it. I've no idea where the comments about "nothing left" came from that I have read in other reviews, it certainly wasn't the case while I was there.

As far as the walk into town was concerned it's no big deal. My wife timed it a few times and a brisk walk to the north gate of the old town takes about 10 minutes and a stroll about 15 minutes tops. Walking back takes a minute or two longer as it's up hill, not really a hill more of a gentle incline.

The staff were polite, welcoming and didn't mind a chat. They arranged a "Split Card" for me and explained all about it.

On the whole, not a bad hotel.

I haven't posted any pictures as they would be the same as those already posted or the hotel's own ones.

Room Tip: Top floor rear are quieter. Contact the hotel direct for special requirements.
Reviewed 6 October 2014

Linda and I have just spent 9 glorious days in Split Croatia. We used the Best Western Art Hotel as our base for the whole period. Having read a lot of reviews we were a little anxious before we set off but all our fears were swept away on arrival.

The reception staff were very helpful, we had requested a large room on the quiet side of the hotel (the back) with a balcony and our room of the 3rd floor matched all our requirements. As frequent Best Western travellers we are used to being upgraded to the best rooms and this did not dis-appoint. It was spacious with large en-suite very comfortable bed coffee and tea making facilities with a balcony. The view was not exceptional but it never will be in a town hotel, and the fact that we were just a 15 minute easy walk to the harbour more than compensated

The breakfast is buffet style and very generous. There is a constant re-supply of fried eggs, omelettes, bacon and continental sausage from the hot buffet. A cold table of cheese of all descriptions continental style cold meats which included some very good smoked ham. Fresh salad usually a hot stir fry of vegetables. A good supply of fresh fruit fresh bread preserves yogurt and pastries. Hot coffees and tea were available from expresso machine. A nice touch every day we were there a glass of cold champagne was available if you felt in the mood. I did on several days but did notice that it was more the exception than the rule.

Things to remember .

The hotel has a shuttle bus to the airport at 250 Kuna for two person this is fast, nice to have waiting for you but you need to request it when booking. I did not so my taxi fair was 350 Kuna. I went back using the shuttle!!! A very comfortable small people carrier.

Don’t be afraid to as at reception for any information you want. If they don’t know they find out and are very helpful. There are people of all nationalities arriving and staying and so they do not have lots of information on view.

Do take a guided walk around the Old Town Palace. You see things that you would not normally and it’s a great introduction to Split. We used Split Walking Tours www.splitwalkingtour.com our guide Danko was an absolute mine of information not just about the tour but after the tour very helpful on excellent resteraunts and other tours.

Do take the Split Sightseeing Cruise from the harbour just in front of the Palace It takes just over 90mins, and is very good value for money.

Other ideas to make you holiday memorable:
Ferry to Stari grad on island of Havr. regular schedule from the harbour the town of Stari grad is one of the oldest towns in Croatia lots to see and lovely small café’s and restaurants
Ditto for Ferry to Supertar another beautiful town on island of Brac just 45 mins from Split

Room Tip: Quiet Side 3rd floor balcony ask for chairs for balcony we did and they found them within mins.