“Get the full experience of living in the Old Town”
Review of Apartment Peppino

Apartment Peppino
Ranked #57 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The owner Tonka was on hand to greet me at Apartment Peppino, although I battled to find the apartment as there are no street names in the Old Town. In fact, I bumped into her son when trying to find the place and he took me and my bags to the apartment. Tonka was very friendly and made sure that I was going to be comfortable. I stayed in the downstairs room of this apartment for 3 nights in June 2013. As my room was on the lowest level, it was a bit noisy and I would suggest staying in the upstairs rooms. All in all, if you don't mind climbing plenty of steps, the apartment is in a great position but a little noisy. If you want sleep without any noise, I would suggest booking into accommodation outside the Old Town (as I had done on a previous visit to Dubrovnik).

Room Tip: Get upstairs rooms which will be less noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Apartment Peppino

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights in Apartment Peppino at the end of our time in Croatia.

The owner, Tonka, was on-hand when we arrived and was very friendly and welcoming indeed - she seemed a lovely person, and was happy to answer any questions we had before leaving us to it.

A big, comfortable bed, a small but well-equipped kitchen and a clean bathroom were all present and correct, as well as a TV and good wi-fi. The only minor issue was with the hot water, which seemed to take a long time to reheat after being depleted by a shower - at least according to the temperature gauge on the side of the boiler anyway. Not a big deal though, and easily gotten around by having a shorter shower or turning the water-flow down a bit. The only other curiosity was the kitchen sink, which was a double, with a plug only in one half; the half which the tap would not reach to. Again, no big deal, and probably not even worth mentioning, but a strange design quirk.

The location was absolutely perfect - just far enough away from the main street to be quiet (a one-minute climb up some stone steps), but close enough to feel like you're right in the middle of the historic Old Town of Dubrovnik, a real fairy-tale place.

It's also well-located for access to the Airport Shuttle Bus, which stops at the cable car station above the town - on the same side that the apartment is located. It's only a 10-minute walk. On that note, it's worth mentioning that you should buy your shuttle bus ticket when you're actually on the bus. We bought ours in advance, but it transpired that we'd bought tickets for a rival company's shuttle bus and they weren't valid for the one we caught, which wasn't made clear at the time. Only a five-euro mistake, but worth mentioning.

If you're looking for comfortable, self-catering accommodation in the Old Town, I would strongly recommend Apartment Peppino.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MonsieurPompidou
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently spent a few days in the historic city of Dubrovnik, Croatia.
For our stay we chose the Apartments Peppino.
Our room, which was on the ground floor of the building, was plain but clean and well equipped with a decent shower and a small kitchen. The bed was king sized and very comfortable.
Tonka, the owner of the apartments, was on hand when we arrived and was very welcoming.
The apartment is situated right in the heart of the old city and just a short walk away from the airport bus stop.
Even though it was quite a climb to the apartment we would be very happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: The upper rooms in the building look more interesting. But it would involve climbing even more steps...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights..lovely clean apartment, great central location just a few mins walk from main stradan! Great wine bar d'vino just down the steps also! Owner Tonka very helpful and friendly - answered any questions we had promptly throughout our trip! Would recommend!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mustley
Reviewed 29 April 2014

旧市街の中にあるアパートメントです。
そのため、非常に立地が良く、観光には非常に便利。

階段を上るので、スーツケースで移動される方は、バックパックも合わせて使って、スーツケースを軽めにしておいた方がベター。

オーナーは非常に親切。
鍵の開け方が分からなくって若干パニックに陥り電話をかけましたが、親切に対応してくれました。

また、ここの口コミで、最上階の景色が素晴らしいと書いてあったので予約したのですが、初日は1階がアサインされ、やっぱり暗くて部屋のチェンジをメールしたところ、快く変えてくださいました。
私が到着した日は、まだ別の方が使っていたそうです。

口コミ通り、最上階の景色は素晴らしく、あぁ、ここに来てよかったな~と一気にテンションが上がりました。
古い建物をメンテナンスして使っているので、新しいきれいな設備を望まれる方は新市街のホテルにした方が良いかと思います。

近くにはスーパーもありますが、うっかり通り過ぎがちなので気を付けてください。
スーパー以外で購入すると、水は最低でも2倍かかります。

I'm so happy to have stayed here.
Location is very very good!! The view of the top floor is excellent!!
I recommend this apartment if you want to stay in the old town.
The ownere is a really kind person.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo