US$203
US$191
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

Valamar Argosy Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Book now, pay at stay
US$513
US$493
2,073 results
All reviewssister hotelold towngate tourthe buspresident beachpresident hotelsea viewbreakfast and dinnerbabin kukoutdoor poolmodern hotelvalamar groupexcellent hotela la carte restauranthalf boardbig hotelfour star hotel
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The room was large and comfortable. Bed and pillows were good. Had the dinner and breakfast buffet. They were very good. Breakfast had 2 omelet stations and a meat station for bacon and grilled vegetables.
Only draw back was it was outside of the old town. Just take the #6 bus into town which is not hard. The station in in front of the hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Ivica S, General Manager at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this nice review for us. I’m glad to see that our hotel met your expectations and that you had a relaxed and peaceful stay with us. I’ll make sure that our staff in restaurant and kitchen hear your kind words.
I hope that if you ever visit Dubrovnik again or any other part of Croatia you will choose Valamar and you will allow us to give you another memorable vacation.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent three nights at the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik as part of an all-inclusive land tour of Croatia & Slovenia.

The hotel is a sprawling complex of glass and chrome. It's located about a 15-minute bus ride from the Old Town. There is a bus stop (bus #6) right outside the hotel. The fare is 15 kuna and the bus drops you off right outside the city's main gate.

Our room was a typical layout with sliding patio doors. (But no patio.). The bathroom was spacious and contained the expected amenities. (Two minor personal gripes: no clothesline, although there was a towel rack above the tub, and no soap dish on the sink.) Tip: you have to keep pressing the button on the hairdryer for it to work.

The buffet restaurant is bright, but pretty noisy when full of diners. No complaints about the food. The bar off the main lobby opens up to an expansive patio with killer views of the Adriatic. There's lots of seating to allow you to take in the view with a drink or two.

The hotel is obviously geared to tour travelers: a smart design with dramatic touches, like the soaring lobby. Some observations:

- You can't easily regulate the temperature in the room. Since we were there in April, the A/C was not turned on, only heat was available. We returned from a day in the walled city to a room that was 77+. Our only option was to sleep with the sliding glass doors open. (If any door is open the HVAC is automatically cut off. When I called the front desk for help, they could tell the patio door was open.)

- The water temperature in the shower is not steady - on more than one occasion I was startled by either a sudden surge of cold or scalding water.

- We were pleasantly surprised to find a card that announced that in addition to those that were already on the bed, one could call housekeeping to order one of three optional types of pillows. We each ordered approximations of what we use back home and slept a bit better for it.

All in all, a nice hotel, but for me the negatives out-numbered the positives.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in our hotel and for your remarks especially for our big and nice hotel, nice lobby terrace and good food.
However, I do have to say that we have big restaurant with big buffet choice, but for taking more relaxed and peacfull dinner, we also offer our Fine dinning restaurant Langusto.
I am truly sorry that A/C was not to your expectations. And I hope it didn’t rack your overall hotel experience. We will be happy to offer you next time nothing but the hotel in it’s very best. On behalf of the all hotel staff I send you kind regards.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

We stayed here while traveling thru Croatia with Gate 1 Travel. The hotel has modern architectural design. The bedroom and bath were large. The bathroom had a large shower. The beds were comfortable. The hotel provided an in room coffee maker and a hair dryer. There is also free Wi-Fi. The rooms were clean and quiet. The restaurant offers a very large selection of choices from which to chose for both dinner and breakfast. There was also a chef station for eggs and omelets. Nice ambiance. The hotel is not within walking distance to shops or restaurants however there are restaurants located on the property of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coutou
Ivica S, General Manager at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for staying in our hotel. We are grateful that you have shared with us nice impressions from that period.
Your comments are verry important to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services.
This was really a nice and motivated letter.
It will be great pleasure to welcome you again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Stunning views, clean and modern rooms, lovely spa, great business facilities and excellent breakfast. Super helpful staff too, they booked me a haircut at Valamar Argosy. I love the little promenade by the pebbly beach. What's not to like?

On my first morning I was awoken by housekeeping opening the door to our room just before 11am and actually walking in. His response was that 'he needed to check the mini bar". I have never had a room service attendant let themselves in to the hotel room to check the mini bar before, regardless of whether we had the do not disturb sign up. Cleaning often amounted to doing beds and replacing towels. Glasses and cups weren't refreshed unless you asked. It was quite odd and a little off putting as you expect these things from a four star hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank EndodocLondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this excellent review for us. I’m glad to see that our hotel met your expectations and that you had great stay with us. Special thanks for mentioning our kind staff, while our goal is to improve quality of service every day and make your stay even more enjoyable. I’ll make sure that the staff from minibar respect entrance to guest room.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2016

This hotel is located outside the city, but there is an easy bus very close (walking distance.) There is a very nice spa and 2 beautiful pools ( indoor and outdoor.) Also, there are beaches.
Everything was nice and clean and the staff were helpful. We visited in April, which is off season, so it was rather quiet. I think that during the summertime, it must get very busy. I especially enjoyed walking around the park-like area adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Ivica S, General Manager at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and for your recommendation.
Special thanks for mentioning our kind staff. They are truly our greatest value and it is always nice to see that our guests recognize our effort to make your stay unforgettable.

We will be happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards,