Hotel Lero(Dubrovnik)
Ariston Hotel(Dubrovnik)
US$259
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Berkeley Hotel & Day Spa(Dubrovnik)
US$163
US$533
US$455
  • Restaurant
2,115 results
All reviewssister hotelgate tourthe buspresident beachold citypresident hotelsea viewbreakfast and dinnerbabin kukmodern hoteloutdoor poolvalamar grouplobby barexcellent hotelhalf boarda la carte restaurantbig hotel
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a group tour. Found the staff very friendly, the room and bathroom a good size.
We had the buffet dinner and breakfast and thought the choices were very varied.
You can walk down the road to hotel More where the have a cave bar and then from there there is a promenade to walk all along the bar with bars and restaurants. Bus every 15mins to the old town
Very happy with our stay

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bluemargt
Ivica S, General Manager at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this nice review for us.
I’m glad to see that our hotel met your expectations and that you had a relaxed and peaceful stay with us. I’ll make sure that our staff hear your kind words.
I hope that if you ever visit Dubrovnik again or any other part of Croatia you will choose Valamar and you will allow us to give you another memorable vacation.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

The opposite of a cozy boutique-hotel. Nobody can be blamed today for the uninspiring architecture, typical of Yugoslavia's 1970s. Probably ca. 400 rooms, many of them directed into the courtyards.
However, the complete renovation, some years ago, has turned the hotel into an overall positive experience. Sleek, clean interior, excellent facilities; well-kept garden. Flatscreens in rooms are old-fashioned.
Service is impeccable; generous breakfast buffet; spacious modern conference facilities; indoor-outdoor pools.
Access to the beach a bit complicated, because another hotel (Valamar President) stands in the way.
Good public bus (no.6, every 10-15 min, 2 Euro one way) to downtown Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: insist on room with sea view (probably less than half the rooms have it)
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you for your nice feedback. It is nice to read that you remark excellent facilities of our hotel and our great service.
We would also like to thank you for choosing Valamar Lacroma for your recent stay in Dubrovnik. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. It will be great pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

My wife and I stayed here recently as part of a Riviera Holidays tour. At first glance the hotel looks palatial with lots facilities but it fails on the basics. Our room was not very good- overlooking a block of other rooms where on one occasion a man was standing naked!! The dining room was huge and very noisy- usually because of large groups of Americans and Orientals who acted as though they hadn't eaten for days and certainly were not prepared to wait for others. The food was pretty much the same every day and was usually luke warm and the meat over cooked.
The staff in the lounge bar area acted as if they were doing you a favour, particularly the mature male staff.They should be told that "service with a smile" is part of the job.
The TV in our room switched itself on at 5.30am each morning and despite reporting it to the reception staff the only thing that happened was that on our night the TV woke us up with an alarm beeping at 5.30am. Not the thing needed when face with a day of travel.

Stayed: May 2016
3  Thank kilgarriff
Ivica S, General Manager at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in our hotel and for your remarks.
We did our best and gave you a room upgrade. I am truly sorry that our rich restuarant offer wich have different menus every day did not met your expectations.
We have passed your comments, especially in Bar service on to our employees.

We will be happy to offer you next time nothing but the hotel in it’s very best. On behalf of the all hotel staff I send you kind regards.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

I was one of a group of 40 single travellers who were re-located to this hotel last week for 2 nights because of problems at our original hotel in Cavtat. I would like to thank everyone in the hotel for their friendliness, they just couldn't do enough for us. Rooms were fine, although my mattress was too soft for my personal taste, and the shower was a little difficult for me to operate.

The food in the restaurant was good, with a wonderful choice of desserts. I would like to mention the gentleman who I presume was the restaurant manager who was kind enough to tell me about the lift down to the restaurant when he saw me coming down the stairs using a walking stick.

It's such a shame that because of the dreadful weather that I didn't have a chance to explore what are obviously wonderful hotel grounds, although I did venture out briefly on the Tuesday morning before departure to explore.

Many thanks again to all the staff for looking after us so well and making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet but due to weather had what seemed to be a waterfall outside my room!.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Ivica S, General Manager at Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your recommendation.
Special thanks for mentioning our kind staff especially in our restaurant.
Our staff are truly our greatest value and it is always nice to see that our guests recognize our effort to enjoy your stay.

We are looking forward to your future visit.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2016

We stayed here 3 nights as part of our Gate 1 tour. The hotel itself was very nice. The breakfast buffet was good; we enjoyed it every morning. The room had no air conditioning, so we had to have the windows open. The bathroom had tissues and washcloths - 2 things I like to have in a room! The hotel is huge and not located near the old town. You have to take a taxi or a bus to get there. Our first night we took a taxi there (well worth it to see the area at night) but took the city bus back. It was very easy to use and drops you off right near the hotel. There are only 2 restaurants near the hotel. (The one that is in a house behind the hotel was really good. They grill the meat right out where you can see it. We had the meat platter for 2 - excellent!). All in all, great hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fljane51

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
It is nice to read that you remark good breakfast in our hotel. We would also like to thank you for choosing Valamar Lacroma for your recent stay in Dubrovnik.
We have A la carte restaurant Langusto in our hotel, and most of restaurants are in Old city, but there are also restaurants in Lapad area, 10 minutes walking from our hotel.
We hope that you will choose Lacroma for your next stay in Dubrovnik.