“Warm and inviting atmosphere with excellent food”
Review of Cafe Festival

Ranked #105 of 424 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Café Festival is more than just a place to have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. When you’re tired of exploring the small alleys and visiting the museums come by for a good quality bite. Only the best chefs have crafted the culinary offer of Café Festival and our professional and pleasant staff will go out of their way to make you feel special.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is the first restaurant that you come to as you enter the old city of Dubrovnik from the Pile Gate. Walk no further. Eat here. It is the right combination of atmosphere and food, plus a complete drink menu.
We started with an Aperol Spritz that equaled any I had in Italy, with time to enjoy it (we don't like to be rushed). I had a veal cutlet in a red wine sauce with capers that was perfect. My wife ordered lasagna with broccoli, expecting the red sauce variety. Instead it came with Alfredo sauce and was beyond bland, but that is why pepper was invented. There is a good selection of wine by the glass, especially the delicious Dingoč. Irish coffee for her and slivovitz for me topped off the very enjoyable meal.
Service was friendly and attentive.
The tables in the raised back end of the restaurant have table linens and the added height provides a nice view of the more informal front part of the interior. The décor is calm, with dark wood and low lighting.
The night we were there, a pianist played light old favorites, adding to the pleasant ambiance.
The date of our visit was March 25, 2018.

1  Thank JandJ67
AntoniaTomic, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Festival, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JandJ67,

We would like to thank you for visiting Cafe Festival and for sharing your lovely experience with others on TripAdvisor.
It was a pleasure to read how much you had enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My family and I all look forward to visiting Cafe Festival every time we are in Dubrovnik (once a year at least) for the past 15 years. They've had the top quality coffee in town despite the influx of tourists by greater numbers in recent years. In fact, this cafe still has a local feel and warm, friendly atmosphere. The staff is so attentive that I feel like visiting a friend's home. Recently I tried the food, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that my fave coffee place in town serves delicious options for lunch too. I love sitting in front of the cafe, observing the people walking down the Stradun, or taking care of my e-mails thanks to the free wifi. This establishment is simply the gem of Stradun that has managed to keep its standards high, while it's got an intimate feel and superb product and customer service. Go for it and see for yourself!

1  Thank Edita08

Dear Edita08,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave this outstanding review here on TripAdvisor.
Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to us knowing that we succeeded in all aspects.

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Dubrovnik and that we'll have another opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch after a morning of sightseeing, and couldn’t fault the service. Michael, our waiter, was fantastic and looked after us very well. He even treated us to cake and prosecco on the house! Great food and great service, I would definitely recommend Cafe Festival to anyone visiting Old Town!

1  Thank n0v1ceTrav3ll3r
AntoniaTomic, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Festival, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Dubrovnik for our honeymoon and went to cafe festival 3 times!!! We fell in love with their bacon gnocchi! Damiel, our waiter, was a great host and hooked us up with extra drinks! The atmosphere was super cozy and romantic. Highly recommended!

2  Thank T_Cody_C
AntoniaTomic, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Festival, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

So the first cafe or restaurant you come to when entering a tourist trap like the old city is usually the first place to avoid. Not so this time!

Prices were not over the top at all with 2 mains a glass of wine, a coffee and a large beer for under £40 a bargain given the location.

The waiter was lovely and friendly (common theme with locals it would seem!)

Food was okay, nothing special and not massive portions (Still enough for most people though) and the white wine he suggested for my wife was very good.

2  Thank John H
AntoniaTomic, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Festival, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Dear,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.