Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,734 results
All reviews old city minute walk stunning views a sea view room indoor pool lovely hotel terrace wedding walls ships cruise montenegro
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros:
- Location, only 10 minutes walk from the old town but away from all the chaos.
- Pool and seafront area are beautiful and relaxing with all day sun. Fantastic set up for swimming in the sea and sunbathing.
- Victoria lounge bar has one of the best views you could hope for at sundowner time, and nobody seems to know it's there.
- Lovely gardens with shady places to relax.

Cons:
- Our room on the 6th floor was tiny, faced directly on to the road so you had to keep the curtains shut, and was desperately in need of an upgrade. The bathroom was ancient, shower was rubbish, paint was peeling throughout, aircon unit sounded like a jet engine, furniture was old and scratched.
- Mattress was completely unacceptable, you could feel the springs through the thin topper. Pillows were lumpy. Impossible to get a good night's sleep.
- Only one functioning lift in a full hotel meant long waits.
- Decor throughout needs updating. It's not shabby chic, it's just shabby and tired.
- Breakfast was disappointing for a 5-star hotel. Juices were from a packet, cooked food was stale and unappetizing.
- The pool attendants reserve the pick of the sunbeds for certain guests (using the same books from lost property each day, which amused me) so many of the best spots are unoccupied all day until the special guests return from their day trip.

Overall
We thoroughly enjoyed our time outside at this hotel, but we definitely wouldn't stay here again. The room was one of the poorest I have stayed in in Europe, and at EUR370 per night it was horribly overpriced. It's peak season, I get it, but this hotel sells itself as 'luxury' and is absolutely not worth what they charge.

Room tip: Avoid 6th floor. Rooms look out directly on to the road.
Date of stay: August 2021
Zeljko Pikic, General Manager at Grand Villa Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Tomauk,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Grand Villa Argentina. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding some services during your stay with us. Please be assured that we shared your concerns and suggestions for improvement to the Grand Villa Argentina team. We still hope you carried with you some unforgettable memories and that we will still have the pleasure and opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved our stay here. The rooms are clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the pool is very well maintained amid a strikingly beautiful setting between the rock pools and poplars and views of the Old Town nearby. I like the old-fashioned charm of everything - a lot of nice hotels have the exact same modern soulless look and feel so it was nice to go somewhere that's retained so much character. I found the service good; they aren't overbearing as they are in some upmarket hotels, they are helpful and attentive when you ask for anything. The breakfast was delicious and they make the best Aperol Spritz I've had in some time.

Dear 313eilidht,
I would like to thank you for taking time to write such a positive review of the hotel Grand Villa Argentina. I am glad that you have enjoyed all our facilities and that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to be your hosts again in the future.
Željko Pikić, Hotel director

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed there for 7 nights with a package haoliday. Conditions are excellent: location, staff, breakfast, quiet, clean rooms, exceptional beach facilities.
Would recommend it any time.
One piece of advice, get rid of some of the furniture in the room, like the big desk.

Room tip: get a room with sea view
1  Thank Diana Mihaela I

Dear Diana Mihaela,
Thank you staying with us and for sharing your experience. It always gives us great pleasure to hear our guests are happy and taking home nice memories. We are glad that you liked our hotel location and sea views from our hotel. Also, it is nice to know that you have enjoyed our beach area, in the end I would like to thank you for mentioning our staff. We are happy indeed that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here in July 2019 and now August 2021. It almost seems like a different hotel. We stayed in 4 different cities on our Croatian holiday (Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar, and Zagreb) While Dubrovnik is one of my favorite cities, the Grand Villa Argentina was my least favorite stay. The food, service, and hospitality are all lacking since our stay in 2019. Unfortunately, I'll probably be looking for different accommodations for my next stay in Dubrovnik.

Room tip: Excellent views of The Adriatic, Lokrum, and Old Town

Dear KevinpD3202PS,
First of all I'd like to thank you to have found the time to review our property on TripAdvisor.
We are always looking for ways to improve our service, and our Guests' feedback, whether positive or negative, are a fundamental tool in this process. We always try our best to provide all our Guests with the high level of service they deserve and we want them to have. I am saddened to read that your overall experience in relation to the service provided, did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time and trouble of providing your feedback. I appreciate your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you back should the opportunity arise.
Željko Piki, ,Hotel Director

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has a fantastic location with stunning views. We loved the breakfast, which has lots of variety and great coffee. The sundeck with the pool and swimming area is perfect. The staff are all lovely and helpful, including the women at the concierge desk. Our only complaint is that the 7th floor is very hot. Also: this hotel is best suited to couples and families with older kids but doesn’t have any real night life but that’s ok, night life is just down the hill on the old town.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Zeljko Pikic, General Manager at Grand Villa Argentina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear JennifersD9875EN,
Thank you for your lovely review, I'm delighted to read that you had a memorable stay with us! It is nice to hear that the staff in our hotel exceeded your expectations. Your compliments regarding them will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service, because our goal is to make sure that our guests stay will be relaxing, enjoyable and unforgettable, from the first moment until the end of their stay. I'll share your kind compliments with all the Grand Villa Argentina Team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.