Hotel Lero(Dubrovnik)
Valamar Club Dubrovnik(Dubrovnik)
US$192
US$174
  • Pool
Berkeley Hotel & Day Spa(Dubrovnik)
US$163
US$210
US$185
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslapad baysphere restaurantthe bussea viewold townmodern hotelpool areapedestrian streetatlantic kitchenhalf boardplenty of bars and restaurantssuperb hoteltop floorbeach accesseach eveninghighly recommend this hotelbuilding site
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Newly renovated in a fabulous location perfect for our 4 day break to see Dubrovnik. We booked a room with a sea view and were not disappointed. Although the hotel has a commanding position not all rooms have a sea view so if you want a view then book a sea view room. Because it is newly renovated there really is very little you can criticise. You get free wi fi a very large free safe free slippers and bathrobes. The breakfast was very good. We did use the restaurant twice in the evenings and both were not without problems. The first time it took forever for the food to arrive and when it did arrive a side order of chips did not arrive. I had to eat slowly but even then I had all but finished my meal. The second occasion my wife asked for the mash to be substituted for chips. When the meal came sure she had chips but the meal was missing its vegetables. The waitress explained that the kitchen had misunderstood her instructions. We were compensated by way of free deserts on both occasions and the staff could not have been more helpful. The food was very nice. All in all we had an excellent 4 day break and was very happy with our choice of hotel. I would definitely stay again for any short term break and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Nikola B, General Manager at Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear cyclops414,

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed staying with us and your detailed review.

Thank You for pointing out everything that was great. Please accept my apologies for the F&B services that were not on the expected level. I have shared your feedback with regards to my Food & Beverage team and they will take appropriate action to improve the service.
It's the details that make the whole picture and therefore special care should be provided.
We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back one day in the near future and to show you our efforts to grow and develop are endless.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Staff very nice and war, in fact all the people from Dubrovnik are really kind and warm. The breakfast was perfect, full of different and good food. I definatelly recomend it. The indoor pool for the winter season is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Nikola B, General Manager at Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Carolina M,

Thank you so much for writing us an excellent review. We are so pleased that you found our breakfast was perfect as well as our indoor pool.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we would be truly honored to welcome you back at our hotel!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is that the hotel did not have their A/C "turned on" yet, since it was a bit early in the season. I was quite warm while we were there so we had to leave the sliding glass door open to keep the room cool at night. Luckily it was very quiet so we were able to sleep well despite the open window (we can't even do this at home). So if you go out of season, just a warning. Otherwise, the hotel was great. The service was very good and the recent renovation shows through. Comfy beds, nice towels, good shower pressure with lots of hot water, tasty breakfasts. Bus No6 is a 10 minute walk down a leafy pedestrianised bit and it gets you to the Old Town in about 15 minutes and they arrive about every 15 minutes. Don't hesitate to book.

Room Tip: The sea view is pretty great and the hotel car service is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EMandDF

Dear EMandDF,

You are most kind for sharing your impressions of our hotel!
We very much appreciate your kind constructive notes, for certain it is something we would have to consider in order to continue providing highest level of service.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Exelent service and breakfasr that keeps you going half a day! Newly renovated and in great condition.

Good location near bublic beach and nice walkway round the shore. Close to bus stops and easy access to old town even by walk (3,5km)

Hyvä ja laadukas hotelli kävelykadun päässä. Julkinen ranta vieressä, spa osastoa jne. Uloskäynnit suoraan rannalle ja niemen kiertävälle kävely reitille.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Nikola B, General Manager at Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear jmatti9999,

I would like to thank you for staying at our Hotel during your recent visit to Dubrovnik and also for writing a positive review of our hotel. I'm glad that you have enjoyed our breakfast and that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is amazing from the moment you check in to the moment you check out. The views from reception are just spectacular.

The rooms are extremely crisp and clean and it was a pleasure to stay in for my 4 day getaway.

The breakfast was like any other hotel that you stay in and my only complaint would be that sometimes the hot food was cold. However there are little chocolate muffins that are to die for.

The spa in this hotel is exceptional and the prices are in comparison to those in any 5 star resort.

The location is perfect for getting into the old town and just strolling along the coastline.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel 100%. It was my first time in Dubrovnik and if I were to return this would be my hotel of choice.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Winnie C
Nikola B, General Manager at Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Winnie C,

I would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dubrovnik and also for your valued feedback.
I am extremely happy to note you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel, the view and rooms.
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Dubrovnik and I am looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.