US$481
US$379
US$351
US$310
US$118
All reviewsrooftop barcentral locationgreat locationsafety deposit boxesair condormshowerhallwaysafesensuitefestival
Reviewed 27 June 2015

This hostel is beautifully located in terms of the city, the train station and the airport. The hostel itself is well equipped, very clean with spacious rooms. However if its atmosphere you're looking for, this is not the place to be. The hostel has strict rules on noise limits after 11pm which to me was unnecessarily early.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea have absolutely amazing views
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 19 June 2015

Excellent location. Friendly and pleasant staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. The rooms of 6 persons, there are lockers, cupboards and sockets for each bed.
The kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals, as well as free coffee.
ideal price-quality ratio.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave O
Reviewed 15 June 2015

In my trip to Pula, Croatia, I stayed at Hostel Riva right along the beach near the center of town. It was there I met Jasmine.
Jasmine co-owns the hostel with her brother Skender.
The hostel is open from April to October and offers nearly 60 beds, some of which have a seafront view. The hostel is very clean, and the terrace is a great place to hang out and meet friends. The other staff, Karmela and Josipa, are very helpful too.
Rooms range from €15-€22, and privates are either €48 or €56. This great hostel is fully booked throughout the summer, so plan early.
This is definitely the place I would recommend to stay in Pula. And why Pula? Besides the fact that it's in Croatia, flights from London are as cheap as €45 on NorwegianAir. From here, it's only a short trip to Plitvice Lakes. Of course, you don't need to travel that far to see the amazing beaches, enjoy the endless club scene or explore the Roman ruins, including an arena right in the heart of town.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Skye C
Reviewed 29 May 2015

I've been on a study trip in Croatia for a week and have visited four different hostels. This hostel was by far the most friendly and relaxing hostel. During my stay we had a few times that the receptionist had to open the door at night, because an other roommate had the key. His reaction was very friendly and he even explained in detail in the middle of the night how and where we could rent some bikes the following day.
There is a really nice bar and terrace where you can have a good (cheap) beer and the rooms are very big. Although some rooms need a closet.

When I got home in the Netherlands I realized I lost my keys in the hostel. After a couple of mails they sent them to my home adress for free! I am really grateful for this service and would definitely stay in this hostel again if I will go back to Pula.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Job S
Reviewed 22 May 2015

I was a little hesitant to stay in a hostel as I generally stay in hotels but since I was traveling alone I thought I would give it a try. I couldn't be happier with my decision to stay at the Riva. From start to finish everyone was helpful and attentive to anything I needed. I arranged a pick up from the airport which made my arrival so easy after two days of travel with no sleep. Upon arrival, I was given a complete description, keys, maps and suggestions for things to do. The hostel was clean and perfectly located. Getting to tourist sights were easy. The rooftop terrace is a wonderful place to hand out after a day of sightseeing or if you want to just relax.While there is a bar on the terrace, the hostel was also very quiet for sleeping so you could have your choice to hang out or be quiet in your room. I felt very safe, secure and welcome. The best part are the caring family members (and staff) who run the place. Having spent time in the USA they speak English perfectly and understand the culture as well.They are also bright and interesting people and a pleasure to talk with.I would definitely recommend a stay at the Riva Hostel.

Room Tip: the rooms are large and spacious
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo