“Best meal in Zadar (and all holiday)”
Review of Restaurant Kastel

Restaurant Kastel
Ranked #9 of 208 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Restaurant Kastel was recommended to me by a colleague who had previously visited. I emailed the restaurant prior to my holiday to make a reservation and got a reply that same day.
The restaurant is inside Hotel Bastion and away from the main streets of Old Town Zadar (opposite the Garden Lounge).
The restaurant is lovely inside with indoor seating only, although top level has huge no folding windows which were open giving the feeling that you were Sat outdoors.
All wait/hotel staff were super friendly and attentive. The food was incredible. My mother and I had 2 small plates and 2 main meals as the menu all sounded delicious.
We ate tagliatelle with shrimp (best dish), lamb stew with polenta and for main beef cheek and potato gratin and beef fillet steak.
All meals are served as described, no extra veg etc and none available to order. The portion sizes are small but rich so you don't need anymore.
We had several glasses of red wine
We didn't have room for dessert
The 4 dishes and wine cost £80 in total

In my opinion this was the best meal we had during our entire trip to Croatia, little on the expensive side but worth every penny

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We came across this restaurant after visiting The Garden Bar which is across the road. It was stunning, the service impeccable, the wine fantastic the food great. Cannot recommend highly enough

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great dinner. The restaurant has excellent dishes and a nice wine list with some good local wines. Try the Croatian Zinfandel!!! We were served with a big smile by Donat. Although we were there with our babydaughter, we felt very welcome and relaxed. Thanks.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Last week my family and I were in Zadar. It was my husband's birthday and we decided to celebrate in a beautiful and quit restaurant with good location: restaurant Kastel. The dinner was excellent, I recommend the risottos, octopusy salad, and the desserts. The waiter Ivan gave us a surprise with a candles for my husband. A good and comfortable place to dinner!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Very good food (try the ceviche!) and wine and best service by Ivan. Will definitely come back. Visited on 14 August 2017