“Affordable and comfortable”
Review of Hostel Elena

Hostel Elena
Ranked #20 of 319 Speciality Lodging in Zadar
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my first hostel so I didn't know what to expect in comparison with hotels where I've been before. I was generally familiar with the concepts of hostel but never liked the idea of sharing the room with strangers. This time I went with my friend so we took room with 2 beds so there was no need for sharing which made me comfortable enough to consider trying it. The check-in service was well done with extra advices for sightseeing, night life and dining which was something that impacted me positively.

Our room was very good, the quality of beds was exceptional which proved to be very beneficial after long and tiring day at the sea. The room had also an AC which was another plus because for some reason my friend and I were freezing due to fact that we spent most of the day on the open sea which is usually colder than the coast.

All in all, this is a great hostel for the price that it asks.

Room Tip: If possible take smaller room (with less beds) as this can make your stay more comfortable, but it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mkapic

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hostel and we were very satisfied. The hostel is perfectly located and not too expensive. In addition, the staff is really firendly and helpful. The only negative aspect is that there is no terrace.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aude C
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed 3 nights in a dorm it was really nice and clean. People gave me a lot of information regarding night club and bar. The air conditioning was working perfectly. The location is perfect, it´s in the old town .I Will come back !

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mamatg27
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hostel is located in the old town and is near everything you could want and the main bus station is only a 20 minute walk away. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Upon arrival the man at reception was extremely helpful, telling us way more that I would expect from hostel staff and was very friendly. The room was spacious with air conditioning and the bathroom was small but kept clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank skandwm
Reviewed 11 July 2013

the staff were very friendly and helpful with everything very well maintained, which resulted in a great stay here, not to mention the free food fridge! it's in a great location to the coast and town. If you're interested in excursions, best way was through the hostel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends