See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Great location and staff are really friendly. It was raining on the day I was heading to Plitvice Lakes and the receptionist fashioned me a black bag and gave me an umbrella for my walk to the bus. Also had my bag, etc ready in my room when I came back as I had booked an extra night. Wifi wasn't the greatest.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aisling B
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I really liked my stay at Hostel Elena. It had a great kitchen and clean bathrooms. The laundry service was nice and the rooms were spacious and clean. There's a/c and windows. It's right next to some really great bars and restaurants as well as the pier. It's only 10-15 minutes from other beaches as well. I'm only rating it 4/5, though, not because of the hostel but because it just doesn't have the vibe/atmosphere/lounging area to meet people. It's a quiet hostel where solo travelers sleep a lot or where couples only stick together. It's not very social. The staff, however, is incredible and friendly!! I was sick half the time I was there and easily rested and got help from the staff. Great for relaxing!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Madeline P
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Stayed for 3 nights in a 4 bed dorm with ensuite and loved it here. The lady on reception was so helpful and gave us loads of recommendations and ideas of things to do. The room was super clean and the bathroom was cleaned every day. Huge lockers with keys in the room. Lovely powerful showers and loads of space in the dorm. The location is great, you're literally 20 seconds from the promenade (which is a great place to sunbathe and swim!) and are right next to some great restaurants and bars. That would be my only downside was that it was noisy at night because of the nearby bar with the windows open but there's aircon in the rooms so having the windows open isn't necessary at night. Hostel was also reasonably priced and had a great little kitchen for everyone to use. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent location right near the water and the cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Good facilities with nearby markets for food supplies. Best part is the lovely man who owns the hostel and is keen to help with a smile on his face and always up for a convo!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olivia W
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

A rocky beginning when no one seemed home mid afternoon and no one answered the number when we called. But other than that, this was a great place to stay.

The staff, particularly Nina, were very friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom private room with a shared bathroom which was clean and simple.

The shower was one of the best showers I've ever encountered in a hostel - powerful and hot.

The location is very awesome - it is directly across from the ocean and a very short walk to the old part of town.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends