“Excellent hostel”
Review of Hostel Elena

Hostel Elena
Ranked #17 of 322 Speciality Lodging in Zadar
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Excellent stay at hostel Elena, really nice, helpful owner who, when we arrived at 11pm, organised a transfer for us for 8am the next day to Plitvice lakes (a must do). He also pointed us in the direction of the cheap cocktail bar around the corner, muchly appreciated! Superb location right on the edge of the old town, we stayed in a lovely clean private room (dorm rooms looked good too), good wi-fi and kitchen/ dining area. We walked from the bus station which took about 20 mins with our backpacks but taxi's are cheap. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Lovely private rooms
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank KathrynS84

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Great location and staff are really friendly. It was raining on the day I was heading to Plitvice Lakes and the receptionist fashioned me a black bag and gave me an umbrella for my walk to the bus. Also had my bag, etc ready in my room when I came back as I had booked an extra night. Wifi wasn't the greatest.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aisling B
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I really liked my stay at Hostel Elena. It had a great kitchen and clean bathrooms. The laundry service was nice and the rooms were spacious and clean. There's a/c and windows. It's right next to some really great bars and restaurants as well as the pier. It's only 10-15 minutes from other beaches as well. I'm only rating it 4/5, though, not because of the hostel but because it just doesn't have the vibe/atmosphere/lounging area to meet people. It's a quiet hostel where solo travelers sleep a lot or where couples only stick together. It's not very social. The staff, however, is incredible and friendly!! I was sick half the time I was there and easily rested and got help from the staff. Great for relaxing!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Madeline P
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Stayed for 3 nights in a 4 bed dorm with ensuite and loved it here. The lady on reception was so helpful and gave us loads of recommendations and ideas of things to do. The room was super clean and the bathroom was cleaned every day. Huge lockers with keys in the room. Lovely powerful showers and loads of space in the dorm. The location is great, you're literally 20 seconds from the promenade (which is a great place to sunbathe and swim!) and are right next to some great restaurants and bars. That would be my only downside was that it was noisy at night because of the nearby bar with the windows open but there's aircon in the rooms so having the windows open isn't necessary at night. Hostel was also reasonably priced and had a great little kitchen for everyone to use. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent location right near the water and the cleanest hostel I have stayed in. Good facilities with nearby markets for food supplies. Best part is the lovely man who owns the hostel and is keen to help with a smile on his face and always up for a convo!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends