“Great Location and fantastic staff”
Review of Hostel Elena

Hostel Elena
Ranked #21 of 318 Speciality Lodging in Zadar
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

They gave great advice and clean rooms. Rooms had AC but the night cooled off enough that we didn't need them. Very nice staff who gave us tons of ideas of where to go. Would certainly use them again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mike G

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The hostel is very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is not too close to the noise but still central. Went for one night before travelling to an island and decided to stay again on return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tania H
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Excellent stay at hostel Elena, really nice, helpful owner who, when we arrived at 11pm, organised a transfer for us for 8am the next day to Plitvice lakes (a must do). He also pointed us in the direction of the cheap cocktail bar around the corner, muchly appreciated! Superb location right on the edge of the old town, we stayed in a lovely clean private room (dorm rooms looked good too), good wi-fi and kitchen/ dining area. We walked from the bus station which took about 20 mins with our backpacks but taxi's are cheap. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Lovely private rooms
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank KathrynS84
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Great location and staff are really friendly. It was raining on the day I was heading to Plitvice Lakes and the receptionist fashioned me a black bag and gave me an umbrella for my walk to the bus. Also had my bag, etc ready in my room when I came back as I had booked an extra night. Wifi wasn't the greatest.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aisling B
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I really liked my stay at Hostel Elena. It had a great kitchen and clean bathrooms. The laundry service was nice and the rooms were spacious and clean. There's a/c and windows. It's right next to some really great bars and restaurants as well as the pier. It's only 10-15 minutes from other beaches as well. I'm only rating it 4/5, though, not because of the hostel but because it just doesn't have the vibe/atmosphere/lounging area to meet people. It's a quiet hostel where solo travelers sleep a lot or where couples only stick together. It's not very social. The staff, however, is incredible and friendly!! I was sick half the time I was there and easily rested and got help from the staff. Great for relaxing!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo