“Informative and humorous”

Walkabout Free Tour - Brasov
Ranked #2 of 39 Tours in Brasov
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Every day, the Walkabout Free Walking tour of medieval Brasov is organized by a team of friendly and knowledgeable local guides. Our aim is to show you how special this city is. The walking tours are free although tips are appreciated. Meeting place: City Council Square, next to the fountain; Duration: approx 2-2.5 hours. Starting time: Apr - July: 6 pm, Aug- Sep: 10.30 AM & 6.00 PM (during weekends, ONLY 6.00 PM during the week) Oct - Mar: 3.00 PM
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I joined both Brasov and Bucharest walking tour. Alin and Tudor are very informative. To be honest, I enjoyed Brasov tour better because Alin is funny and humorous, the weather is very cold and Brasov is just so beautiful so walking for 2 hours is wonderful. Though Tudor is very good as well, however Bucharest is a bit crowded and loud and weather is hot, also the history of communism is very sad but interesting at the same time. Overall I enjoyed both tours, you should not miss it whenever you visit Romania. Its a must and should be in everyone's itinerary. More power to Walkabout Free Tours!

Simo C, Public Relations Manager at Walkabout Free Tour - Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Hermione,

We are glad you joined our tours and got to meet our awesome guides, Tudor and Alin.
It is true, the cities are different, so they have different things to offer. We totally agree with you, Brasov is more beautiful than Bucharest :)
Thank you for your feedback& enjoy your trip!

There are newer reviews for Walkabout Free Tour - Brasov

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Interesting tour. Would definitely recommend it of you want to get to know the History of the town. Our guide Simona was lovely and funny. Worth giving some money to support them!

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and write us a review. I believe a bit of history never hurt nobody, so I am happy you enjoyed it and got to know the city.
As for the lovely and funny part, it is good to know my jokes work :)
If you have the time, it will help me to know what you think I should improve in order to get to 5* :)
Best wishes,
Simona

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful tour with Alin. He is extemly knowledgeable in his field, his explenations are very interesting, coherent and informative. On top of that he is very funny and intertaning, and gives you the sincere feeling that he would love to answer every question and help in any way. All I can say is that we ended up dancing together! If you won't be carful you will too... and you will love it! A very fond memory from brasov.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I am glad you made some good memories in our city and with us. Hope you will enjoy the rest of your trip in the same way!
All the best,

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The tour was really good, lots of information. Takes about 2 hours so thats the perfect amount of time it should take for a tour

Simo C, Public Relations Manager at Walkabout Free Tour - Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy you enjoyed the tour and hope you made some good memories here.

All the best,
Simona

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We met Alin at 6pm on a beautiful sunny day! The group was 30 strong and they all pretty much stayed to the end. The kid had a lot of knowledge to kick to us and was super friendly and even dropped in some nice jokes here and there. This is a MUST see to support the walkabout free tours. Give what you think it's worth but believe me it's worth the money you give to help support these guides who are usually students and it gives back to the community.

1  Thank COOPSTheNaughtyNomad
Simo C, Public Relations Manager at Walkabout Free Tour - Brasov, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hello,

Your review brought a smile on my face,I`m happy to hear such a great feedback.It`s really motivating to see that people enjoy their time and leave our city with a good impression.Thank you for the kind words and for your support.
Safe travels!