“Gym not required, you work out getting to your room!”
Review of Club Med Yasmina

Club Med Yasmina
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tetouan
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have been very lucky to visit lots of Club Med properties over the years. This wasn't one of my favourites, but it did grow on me over the week that we stayed.

Good points - Our standard room was excellent (sadly only two singles pushed together rather than a proper double bed, but that is normal at CM) and the bathroom was the best we've ever had. Lovely walk-in shower and double basins with a separate toilet (hurrah)! The a/c also worked effectively. [Note - One group of our party had upgraded to a deluxe room so they had more space, which indeed they did - a separate lounge/bedroom with closing doors (as well as a nightly turn down service and complementary minibar), but their room was not as up to date as ours and the bathroom was very small!]

Food - CM always does amazing food and this Club was possibly the best I have ever experienced (not all in the party agreed with me) and the speciality dishes were excellent.

Activities - There is something for everyone and if you don't want anything then you have the Zen pool! Shows in the evening had the usual level of enthusiasm from the GOs.

The 'Not So Good' Points - The evenings are split across the Deck area (near the pool) and the Yasmina. I preferred the Yasmina for eating (again, not everyone agreed with me) and the Deck area for drinking and dancing in the evening. Depending on where your room is, you can be too close to the action/noise or so far away it takes ten minutes+ to get back to your room.

The bar staff were lovely, but far from the best at paying attention to who was at the bar first. I spent far too much time being served after people who had rocked up five minutes after me. The trick is to lock eye contact and place your order as soon as possible. Being polite didn't work (unless you were happy to wait ten minutes to be served)!

The beach is decent, plenty of beds, great for sunbathing, but it isn't private along the waterfront, the sea is cold (too close to the Atlantic) and during our stay there were plenty of jellyfish close to the shore everyday. Not good for paddling or swimming.

The Boutiques - Well run and have everything you need. But if you've forgotten sun cream expect to pay around €30 a bottle! Also, this would appear to be something that only bothers me, I am now refusing to buy any more '45' t-shirts. It's not relevant any longer! (There aren't 45 clubs, it wasn't founded in 1945, it just happened to be a number that sold well. Odd.)

Finally - The biggest problem at Yasmina was the hill! The Club is built into a hill and yes, it is very well designed, but if you are not in good health this is not the Club for you. I consider myself to be fit, but on a couple of occasions found myself needing to head back to to the room from the beach area and it was a 25 minute round trip. There are lots of steps, so if you don't move easily please consider another Club. [On the plus side, it helps offset all the good food you've been consuming!]

Finally, if you fly in to Tangier (nice little airport) it is a 90 minute transfer to the Club, a little too far for my liking. Also, if you fly via Madrid and have a tight transit, please pack emergency items in your hand luggage. None of our checked bags made the transfer in either direction! 24 hours without luggage at the start of a holiday can be distressing if you don't have spares (although Club Med were very good by providing a bag with emergency supplies).

So in summary - good Club, great food, horrible hill (unless walking is your hobby)! I liked Yasmina, but have no intention of returning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MrHandBaggageOnly
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Yasmina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hi MrHandBaggageOnly,

Thank you for your complete review. We are glad to read that you and your group had a great stay with us. It is nice to see that you liked your room, the food, the activities and the zen area.
We do take note of your comments regarding the waiting at the bar and the long and sometimes difficult walk, in order to improve ourselves.

We hope to see you again in any Club Med resort,

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I spent 2 weeks in Yasmina (from 18th August till 1st September) and unfortunately the weather was not good for 13 days! Just the day before my departure was sunny but that is not village's fault, I have just been unlucky!
Rough sea for several days, cold and with a lot of jellyfish so it was very hard to swim but the beach was good with many confortable sunbeds and enough space between an beach umbrella and the other!
I like doing sport so here you can choose whatever you want: fitness (Marion and Solene, the best and energic girls for abs and bottom and zumba with an extraordinary Gaja), tennis (JP the responsible of the tennis team, Bolt, John and Marouane), trapeze, golf and archery (I didn't practice the last three sports so I don't know the names of GO)
All GO are always very kind, smiling and active all the day and during the night they are on the dance floor for dance all night long with you!
My room was small (Altair) but in a good position (in front of tennis court, fitness space and trapeze) and in the middle of the village!
The restaurant on the beach where I went to have my breakfast every morning was not very clean and with a lot of bees (especially during lunch) and the dishes not always cleaned well, but the table service was fine.
The shows were great but they always started half an hour late, so don't run for going to the theatre after dinner! :-)
The chief of village is always there for you whatever you need.
So, the GO's team is amazing and all sport activities are great, but if you go there for the sea is not the best place to be!

Room Tip: Le stanze nella zona Altair sono le migliori in quanto non sono umide e si trovano nel mezzo del vil...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Yasmina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hi Elisabetta,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Yasmina resort. It is nice to see that you liked the activities, the beach and the sports.
We do take note of your comments regarding the restaurant area in order to improve ourselves for the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Visited this resort for one day to try it out before bringing the whole family next year. Basically, I won't bring them. Whatever you see on the internet has been photoshopped. Nothing is as good as it appears. The beach is not private so there are many panhandlers selling stuff there. It was very easy to get to a place on the beach outside the Club Med security with no signage warning you had entered a public area that was unpoliced.

The rooms are dated, curtains, etc. need renovation. The pool was very loud and filled with children.

The service and food were very good. There were a few of the staff who seems less interested in helping you if you asked for something, but most were good.

One of the guys on the beach, supervisor Miloud, told me I couldn't use the sailboat without experience, but if I found someone who did that would be good. I did find one of the staff who was happy to help, but Miloud took money from a Frenchman (it was supposed to be included) and rejected me. I don't like having to bribe their staff to get service. I felt that his mistreated my daughter and I because we are Moroccan, not European.

All said, we will not be back.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Taliesyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly sorry to read that your experience at Yasmina resort did not meet your expectations.
Please, be assured that Club Med do not condone such a behaviour from GO. We do take note of every of your comment in order to improve ourselves for the future.

We hope that despite this experience, we will have the chance to welcome you again in another Club Med resort,

Reviewed 30 August 2017

spent couple of days with the family. enjoyed the club, the staff and the village chief. without doing lots of sports you manage to walk a lot to go places in this club but my favourite is walking on the sandy beach

Room Tip: get a room by the beach, nicer and newer rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Yasmina, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hi Toomuchtravel2013,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you and your family liked your stay at Yasmina. It is nice to see that you enjoyed the resort and especially our amazing team of GOs.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We booked 2 room in Sultana (Deluxe). the place was fantastic. We lived great parties in this really beatifull resort. It is the place were we found the highest quantity of activities :
- Golf
- Tennis
- horse-riding
- Sailing
- Flying Trapeze
- 3 pools
...
The Manager, Olivier is full of energy. You can count on him to organise unbeleivable parties.
The circus manager Tikki is also a great Artist.

Room Tip: Request a room in Sultana : the new building
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Yasmina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you had such a great stay with us at Yasmina resort. It is nice to see that you loved the activities and the parties.

Kind Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetouan
21.0 km away
4.1 km away
La Paloma
La Paloma
#6 of 15 in Tetouan

Been to Club Med Yasmina? Share your experiences!